Under calories Diary 'Notice'

Options
Please help :) I find out every time I miss dinner and keep around 600 calories a day Fitness Pal doesn't let me to log out.. saying I am dangerously under minimum calories intake. . Do I need to change something in settings so it will just complete my day with what ever calories totals?

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. MFP generally advises everyone not to fall below that minimum for a reason.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    safianat wrote: »
    Please help :) I find out every time I miss dinner and keep around 600 calories a day Fitness Pal doesn't let me to log out.. saying I am dangerously under minimum calories intake. . Do I need to change something in settings so it will just complete my day with what ever calories totals?

why would you want to always miss dinner?
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Anytime your daily intake is under 1000 calories, regardless your listed goal, you will get the naughty message warning you that you need to increase your caloric input. It's a health thing, to ingest adequate nutrition it is recommended that you take in 1000-1200 calories a day.

For me, I work at night, so sometimes I don't get all the "traditional" meals in. On days that I have a intake that is under 1000, I drink some of my protein drink to make up for the "missed meals", just enough to breach the 1000 calorie mark tho.

Be well, and don't deprive yourself of the 1000(+) calories you need daily.
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Why are you so far under? If you managed to get 45lbs overweight then you're used to eating more. Just eat a piece of carrot cake or something.
  • italiangurl1972
    italiangurl1972 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i keep myself alittle under not alot eaat more good calories like oranges or apples with pb
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How about eat the minimum? The warning is there for a reason.
  • safianat
    safianat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Determined to loose fast.. fed up with my weight :)
  • safianat
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you're more likely to crash and burn and put the weight back on doing it 'fast'.

why not think sustainable lifestyle changes instead?
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I got that notice yesterday after veing too busy to eat for most of the day. I had a great dinner, but no snacks and very light breakfast and lunch. So i did some quick add calories to get me over 1000.

Somehow i dont think l'll have to log that dishonestly very often to get MFP to stop telling me I'm not eating enough...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So you're willfully taking an unhealthy approach because you think it will be faster but that pesky warning annoys you?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

you're more likely to crash and burn and put the weight back on doing it 'fast'.

why not think sustainable lifestyle changes instead?

Stop. With the common sense. ;)

All you're going to do is crash and burn and gain more weight or you know, make yourself malnourished with jaundiced skin, brittle nails and bald from hair loss. And no energy to even DO anything.

And its lose. not loose.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting lose weight or shape your body fast? Keep at a restricted calorie intake and you will lose the weight, followed by your will and then gain it back plus more. I did exactly that, several times, lost 50lbs, gained 60lbs, lost 70lbs, gained 40lbs..

Its unhealthy. You cannot sustain a low calorie intake.

Eat your recommended calories, exercise, smile.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    MFP is a tool aimed at reasonably healthy weight loss. If you want to use it for unhealthy weight loss, don't b!tch about the features, quite frankly.

Or, realise you didn't gain it fast, and trying to lose it unhealthily fast is stupid.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    So...

You're unhappy with being a little bit overweight.

You've decided you wanted to lose the weight yesterday.

You choose to to be blatantly moronic and cut your eating so low that you are going to completely compromise your health so you can be thinner.

seh6p.gif

End result: You'll be skinny, but if you aren't dead, you'll look like death.

Oh, and once you stop eating like a hibernating bear, you'll probably gain all the weight back. I guaran-freaking-tee it. On top of that, you're burning off your lean mass - muscles, bone density, vital organs - but the weight you gain back will be 100% fat.

So you'll be even closer to death and you'll look even worse than you do now.

/rant

P.S.: This is a mean people post. Feel free to start a thread about it and be sure to quote it. Just make sure you create the thread tomorrow. Mean people threads are banned an all days but Friday. Sorry, not sorry.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    So...

You're unhappy with being a little bit overweight.

You've decided you wanted to lose the weight yesterday.

You choose to to be blatantly moronic and cut your eating so low that you are going to completely compromise your health so you can be thinner.

seh6p.gif

End result: You'll be skinny, but if you aren't dead, you'll look like death.

Oh, and once you stop eating like a hibernating bear, you'll probably gain all the weight back. I guaran-freaking-tee it. On top of that, you're burning off your lean mass - muscles, bone density, vital organs - but the weight you gain back will be 100% fat.

So you'll be even closer to death and you'll look even worse than you do now.

/rant

P.S.: This is a mean people post. Feel free to start a thread about it and be sure to quote it. Just make sure you create the thread tomorrow. Mean people threads are banned an all days but Friday. Sorry, not sorry.

If you were here, I'd hump your leg.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    maybe u missed the 'dangerously under' as in this is dangerous to do for any period of time. no one here is going to support u being at the minimum 600 cals under the daily recommended amount. but u will realize soon enough when u start feeling weak and dizzy
  • safianat
    Options
    Thank you, will try to keep in the healthy limits
  • safianat
    Options

Or, realise you didn't gain it fast, and trying to lose it unhealthily fast is stupid. [/quote]

• safianat
    Options
    I actually did gain one stone in just last two months. . Crazy.. :#