Do you log your fruit?

Options
In the total MFP calorie counter, do most of you log your fruit? I have been and while I only have a few servings it puts me right over my sugar totals. I'm thinking about ommitting the fruit from my daily logs. Opinions?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    yes. i don't keep track of my sugar macros though. plus fruit is sometimes high cal. i would be missing hundreds of calories over a week.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, sugar from fruit is still sugar. My diary is open, I eat a lot of fruit, all of it is logged.
  • TrudyJoy2313
    TrudyJoy2313 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I guess I was used to weight watchers for the longest time. Fruits are free!! But while trying to lose weigt I suppose you are right about them adding up over the week.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes. Three of those gala apples can put my sugar numbers in the negative pretty easy.
    All things are good.. "In moderation"...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you aren't going to track accurately, what is the point of tracking at all?
  • TrudyJoy2313
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If you aren't going to track accurately, what is the point of tracking at all?

Just asking for opinions, not negativity
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yes. I feel the calories in fruit have to be factored into my day.
  • TrudyJoy2313
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yup, for sure log my fruit. I eat at least a couple 100 grams every day. It adds up!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to see how sugar in fruit affects your daily sugar total, make some private entries for yourself that only have the calories for the fruits you eat and avoid putting in the grams of sugar....that way you can still track your calories.
  • TrudyJoy2313
    Options
    If you don't want to see how sugar in fruit affects your daily sugar total, make some private entries for yourself that only have the calories for the fruits you eat and avoid putting in the grams of sugar....that way you can still track your calories.

great tip! Thanks!
  • TrudyJoy2313
    Options
    That is the reason I quit WW, I'm just starting out and I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as I can to help me along the way. If I don't ask the questions I will never know.
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I guess I was used to weight watchers for the longest time. Fruits are free!! But while trying to lose weigt I suppose you are right about them adding up over the week.

If I eat it, I log it. As soon as I saw the question, I figured it was from a ww person. It's something that drove me batty about their program...the idea of fruit and veggies being free.

That is the reason I quit WW, I'm just starting out and I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as I can to help me along the way. If I don't ask the questions I will never know.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log all my fruit.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yes I log all my fruit :-)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I log all of my fruit. They can be 70-110+ calories!

I don't pay attention to my sugar intake since I have a health reason to and a large percentage of my sugar comes from healthy things like fruit.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The sugar macro is more for added sugar. The sugars from fruit, desserts, etc are in your carbs macro. IMO, switch your sugar macro to something else like fiber or potassium.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much fruit you eat. I don't eat enough to really affect my sugar or calorie goals significantly but I track it anyways because I like to track my macros and micros.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, log the fruit. It has plenty of calories and sugar. Over time, you can experiment with your macronutrients to find the best percentages for you. Maybe you try limiting all sugar (fruit included) and see how you feel energy wise, satiety, etc... You'll get the most out of the app if you log every single thing that goes into your mouth: condiments, fruits, and even vitamins!
  • TrudyJoy2313
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    The sugar macro is more for added sugar. The sugars from fruit, desserts, etc are in your carbs macro. IMO, switch your sugar macro to something else like fiber or potassium.

Thanks, ill do that