Anyone Trying to lose the LAST 5-10 LBS?

Options
Whats your game plan?
More Cardio or more weights?
Reduce Calories by 50 cals ?

Replies

• marilynbauer
    marilynbauer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had to click on your post to see what others had responded for encouragement. Not because I am trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs but because I am trying to lose the first 5-10 lbs. HA-HA
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Lol you got this!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My game plan right now is to try not to think about it too much. I'm working on losing about a half pound a week right now. I just upped my calories. I do weights 3x/wk and cardio 2-3. I'm hoping that not adding in calories for my increased activity outside over the summer (gardening, etc.) will help move this along. I'm tired of the whole process.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I gained some over my last vacation so looking to lose that plus another 5 to a new low.

My game plan

200 calorie deficit from TDEE that is what will get me there

walking/running/lifting/biking/swimming...those things are for my health and fitness not for weight loss...
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been hovering around my goal weight(s)* for weeks now... just recommitted to tightening up my consumption this week... I just readjusted my calorie goal to 500 under the average between my sedentary and semi-active TDEE... before I think I set my goal based on the semi-active only... but I've not been making it to the gym as often as I'd like, so I didn't feel that was a good representation anymore.

*weight(s) - I ultimately want to see what 140lbs looks like on my 5' 8" frame... but 145 is my first goal, and if I like it, I may not go any further.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of WHOLE process too. I'm ready to maintain. I started at 220lbs, so my current weight isnt bad compared to that. But I want to be under 169
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Last 5 - 10 here (most likely 10). Keeping the cardio in along with weights. I took a month off to maintain because I stopped losing...now I'm back with about a 500 cal deficit for a week or two and then I will gradually lessen my deficit as the weeks go on until I start maintaining again. Repeat depending on status.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 10, possibly 15. I've been losing steadily at 1.75lbs per week. Plan to keep chugging away and see how it goes. Hopefully it's gone by July or August.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My game plan is to keep doing what I've been doing.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 5-10lbs now. In the first 3 months I lost 25lbs, the next 3 months I lost 10lbs, and I've been working on the last 5-10 for a month already and assume it'll take at least another couple of months, maybe more.

So, yeah. My game plan is patience.

It's okay, though. I'm quite happy with the progress I've made so far, feeling healthier and stronger and better in my skin. I estimate I've cut down my health risks significantly, going from overweight-borderline-obese to a healthy BMI. I'm down almost 4 clothing sizes. So even though I want to take off a few more pounds, I'm really not stressing about it too much. It'll happen.

Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying my new smaller size. There's no finish line to this.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I've been on the "last 5-10" for my entire life (aside from a fabulous year in college where I worked out NONSTOP and didn't eat much). I've got 9 to go, but I haven't been there since before I had a child...we'll see!
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the last few, slow and steady, eating most exercise calories back, and trying to move more, so I can eat a bit closer to maintenance.

Weights, and cardio/ circuits.

And being patient :)
  • segacs
    Options
    Oh yeah, and to focus on the trend instead of the fluctuations, since with this slow rate of loss, it's easy to get discouraged on those days when the pound is up a scale.

But the graph don't lie:

vpt9z5eqdrsg.jpg
  • Jenndynamite
    Jenndynamite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Loosing 5-10 lbs is my life song. Fortunately I have been tracking on Mfp and have finally figured out why I haven't lost the weight. Too many calories. It is an eye opener when you see it in black and white. I have always been into exercise. Between running and weight lifting, I thought I could exercise myself thin. Nope! It starts with food. So now time to buckle down.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and to focus on the trend instead of the fluctuations, since with this slow rate of loss, it's easy to get discouraged on those days when the pound is up a scale.

But the graph don't lie:

vpt9z5eqdrsg.jpg

Lol, what happened in December?
  • segacs
    Options

Went on vacation for a couple of weeks. Didn't weigh in while I was travelling. Weighed in when I got home.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Went on vacation for a couple of weeks. Didn't weigh in while I was travelling. Weighed in when I got home.

Gotcha. Nice progress BTW.
  • segacs
    Options

Gotcha. Nice progress BTW.

Thanks! Judging by your profile, you too!
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last 5-10 here! I've lost 30 in about 3.5 months. The last 10 seem to be impossible
  • mrihel6615
    mrihel6615 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 pounds out from my goal weight.
    I'm not changing anything, I've actually been doing less lately.
    I just got over being sick, finals, and have had lots of things going on over the past two weeks.
    But, I've still been managing to lose about a pound a week.
    So I would be so ecstatic if that kept up! :wink: haha
    I am going to keep doing exactly what I've been doing,
    and I'm gonna hope that it doesn't slow down TOO much. haha :smile: