.the ever-famous "premium"

Options
hollyrayburn
hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Who's tried it? What do you like/dislike? Is it worth it? I was contemplating trying it out for a month, but I want some real opinions, lol.

Happy Monday!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    never heard of it
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    giggle. :)

Wish they'd have a popup every time I sign on, so we could know abou it!
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It's so famous, it's infamous!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not willing to pay the price. But even if I were, I'll probably be at my goal weight by the time they get the bugs out of it.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    I'm not willing to pay the price. But even if I were, I'll probably be at my goal weight by the time they get the bugs out of it.

So far the main think I like is daily calorie goals, if I wanted to do like 5:2 or something. But I just try to keep up with weekly goals for those plans.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think it's more for the hardcore macro people....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's available for Canada yet...haven't gotten the pop up.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I don't think it's available for Canada yet...haven't gotten the pop up.

Same for GER...no premium app available and no pop ups/ads...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I have the same questions. Surely someone has and wants to spill!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I won't be paying for it - the options for the premium version do not appeal to me. Weird things like "Get premium to see which of your foods are highest in calories." Duh...can't I just figure that out by looking at my diary?

The daily calorie adjustments are of no interest to me. The premium blog articles are of no interest to me (I only read maybe 2 or 3 of MFP articles a month as it is...).

I'm content to stick with the free app...though many people seem to be willing to jump ship simply because the paid version is available and they're assuming the free app is going to disappear. It's very weird to me.

If it does disappear, then it does...I'll find another way to cope. But till then, I'm happy with the free. Even though I don't like the new interface of the updated app, it's still an incredibly useful tool....at free.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'd consider it if the pricing was better, if the recipe section was improved (as in we could maybe add notes to and organize individual recipies), and if I could see images on this dang app.

And if the nutrition chart wasn't so long now
    And if the newer recipe builder were better
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have contemplated trying a month too. I don't get the option on the website but I have a premium tab on the app, and when I click it, it takes me to google play with the option to either pay $10 or $50. I'm also waiting for more testimonies or a free trial because the price seems steep.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    Yeah, 10 a month is a little redonkulous. But from the sounds of it, it wouldn't be worth it even if were only 5 bucks,

And why per month, year, etc? Why not a one time flat free for forevah!
  • danholden4006
    danholden4006 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 10 a month is a little redonkulous. But from the sounds of it, it wouldn't be worth it even if were only 5 bucks,

If they did that then Under Armour wouldn't make even more money than they already do. Kinda makes you nostalgic for the good old days of when MFP was born. Sure it had kinks and bugs, who doesn't, but it was free.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If they did that then Under Armour wouldn't make even more money than they already do. Kinda makes you nostalgic for the good old days of when MFP was born. Sure it had kinks and bugs, who doesn't, but it was free.

MFP is still free. You just have the option of paying for extra features now.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Actually, different people have different prices. I am told $7.99/mo and someone else posted a screenshot of $5.99/month. I wouldn't pay for it for that reason alone.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Actually, different people have different prices. I am told $7.99/mo and someone else posted a screenshot of $5.99/month. I wouldn't pay for it for that reason alone.

This. Plus, only 2 of the features would interest me, but not enough to pay.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Not available here, and it is way overpriced.