Please someone talk me out of grabbing a MacDonalds for dinner!?

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    jaqcan wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    jaqcan wrote: »
    PUT THE BIG MAC DOWN!!!!!
    ;)
    Have a plan next time! I keep cup o noodles and cans of chili for when I need something easy and comforting.
    Since you're sick and aren't likely to exercise any to "earn" the big mac. You'll have to go without. You will feel gross after having a big mac, fries, and a milkshake. But would having a small hamburger and an icecream cone calm the inner cravings?

I am trying to understand a) how cup o noodles or cans of chili are better than McDonalds and b) how the OP's desire for a Big Mac was inflated to a big mac, fries and a milkshake. A Big Mac is 530 calories, a hamburger and ice cream cone is 410. If I had enough calories left, I'd prefer the Big Mac.

Read the OP:
    So here i am, sick with flu, tired, hungry, fed up, n no ideas for dinner other than grabbing a MacDonalds. Im reeeeeally craving a BigMac, Fries, Milkshake, the lot!..

The chili I buy is 260 calories per cup
    Cup o noodles are 270 for the cup.
    Both are less than a Big Mac, I was giving options for things to maybe have on hand so she doesn't have to run to McD's in the future.

This. OP, surround yourself with foods you love to eat at home and work. And enjoy them. (Planning ahead is THE diet-plan-saver. Trust me.) And if you still crave McNasty McD's (sorry, Wendy's Triple Baconator gal ova here) then have it, but be smart about it. No bun and a side salad w/ a Diet Dr Pepper is what I usually end up with when the kids drag me kicking and screaming there. The little turds sometimes actually deserve the treat. And you deserve a treat now and then.

+1

Keep food you want to eat around, and prepare for times when you don't want to cook anything. Then you can combat any need for Mc D's if you really want to avoid it.

But really - don't beat yourself up over a single meal if you decide to go. It isn't terrible for you. Skipping meals to fit in 2 strong beers is definitely a worse idea than eating at Mc D's (but is still fine occasionally) and is probably a contributing factor to your desire for Mc D's today, along with feeling sick and wanting comfort food.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    RunTimer wrote: »
    txmmbhdjxfdx.jpg

Eww.

This turns me off of food completely, not just Mc D's. Did you have to post that at lunch time!? :wink:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Why should we? You're the one that wants to eat it. You either go eat it or tell yourself not to eat it. A bunch of strangers can't make decisions for you.

I am lost. Clearly this post is not abusive or would be delete by mods(would of got delete by flag 5, It has 6 flags now). So why was this post flagged?

Because there are people here who break out in hives when people write bluntly.
    I laughed so hard at this! :lol:
    MFP: *some thick skin required*

Honestly, I don't know where some of these people live and work. I couldn't make it though a single hour of my life if I needed people to talk to me the way some people insist upon here.

Ok, I already posted above (which may have gotten lost in the other comments) that the flagged posts did not meet the criteria. Please place your order and move up to the window to pay. ;)
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A side salad with half the dressing and 6 piece nuggets with no sauce rings in around 385 calories. It's low carb, has decent nutrition, and sure beats having to cook for yourself.

Do that. And get a water.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Right then. Thankyou all so much. I am going to haul my fat @ss off the sofa and go sniffling and coughing to Asda to get me some nice healthy lean beef patties to serve on, errm, a big mushroom maybe? I need to give this some thought.... What can i use instead of burger buns?

Ingredients:
    Sauce
    1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free Thousand Island dressing
    1/8 tsp. granulated sugar
    1/8 tsp. white wine vinegar
    1 tsp. finely minced onion or 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion

Sandwich
    2 portabella mushroom caps
    1 1/2 small light hamburger buns (1 top and 2 bottoms), or HG Alternative!
    1/4 cup shredded lettuce, divided
    1 slice fat-free American cheese
    1 tbsp. diced onion, divided
    3 hamburger dill pickle chips

Directions:
    To make the sauce, combine dressing, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well. Stir in minced onion and set aside.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Place mushroom caps side by side in the skillet, rounded sides down. Cover and cook until soft, about 4 minutes per side.

Place one bun bottom on a plate, and spread with half of the sauce. Top with half of the lettuce (2 tbsp.), followed by the cheese slice. Place one cooked mushroom cap on top, and sprinkle with half of the diced onion (1/2 tbsp.).

Spread remaining half of the sauce on the other bun bottom, and place it on the sandwich, sauce side up. Top with pickle chips and the remaining 2 tbsp. lettuce. Top with the remaining mushroom cap and remaining 1/2 tbsp. onion.

Add the bun top and open wide!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe
    Calories: 234
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 946mg
    Carbs: 45g
    Fiber: 9.5g
    Sugars: 12g
    Protein: 14.5g

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hubby loves it when we make our own "special sauce", similar to the above sauce recipe. Light mayo, pickle relish and ketchup and a splash of vinegar. We do that a lot when we grill our own burgers.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Hubby loves it when we make our own "special sauce"...

I refuse to read the rest of this post.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1) I would go to McDonald's if you are craving it, but I say get something other than a big mac. They have a lot of new healthy meal options, like wraps, salads, and a 350 calorie Artesian chicken sandwich that is really good. It can be seen as a compromise for both your craving and your health.
    2) You should not be eating less than 1200 calories, in fact 1200 is the MINIMUM you should be netting each day and that is after your exercise calories are taken out. Your body needs this to function and survive, even if you sat in bed all day.
    3) In my opinion, you are limiting yourself too much which is causing you to have these cravings and it is setting you up to binge and fail. If you increase your calories each day to a healthier amount, you will be able to include little indulgences every day and will be a lot less likely to binge on super unhealthy food later on. It sounds to me like you're not giving your body the proper nutrients it needs and the massive craving for a big mac is your body's way of saying "feed me more!"
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

had to lol on this one. :blush:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Right then. Thankyou all so much. I am going to haul my fat @ss off the sofa and go sniffling and coughing to Asda to get me some nice healthy lean beef patties to serve on, errm, a big mushroom maybe? I need to give this some thought.... What can i use instead of burger buns?

Ingredients:
    Sauce
    1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free Thousand Island dressing
    1/8 tsp. granulated sugar
    1/8 tsp. white wine vinegar
    1 tsp. finely minced onion or 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion

Sandwich
    2 portabella mushroom caps
    1 1/2 small light hamburger buns (1 top and 2 bottoms), or HG Alternative!
    1/4 cup shredded lettuce, divided
    1 slice fat-free American cheese
    1 tbsp. diced onion, divided
    3 hamburger dill pickle chips

Directions:
    To make the sauce, combine dressing, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well. Stir in minced onion and set aside.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Place mushroom caps side by side in the skillet, rounded sides down. Cover and cook until soft, about 4 minutes per side.

Place one bun bottom on a plate, and spread with half of the sauce. Top with half of the lettuce (2 tbsp.), followed by the cheese slice. Place one cooked mushroom cap on top, and sprinkle with half of the diced onion (1/2 tbsp.).

Spread remaining half of the sauce on the other bun bottom, and place it on the sandwich, sauce side up. Top with pickle chips and the remaining 2 tbsp. lettuce. Top with the remaining mushroom cap and remaining 1/2 tbsp. onion.

Add the bun top and open wide!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe
    Calories: 234
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 946mg
    Carbs: 45g
    Fiber: 9.5g
    Sugars: 12g
    Protein: 14.5g

Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Glad I wasn't the only one with that thought...
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Eat what fits
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

LOL SAME.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Snow3y wrote: »
    Eat what fits

And now I'm paring this response with:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I <3 this thread.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    How many lbs do you have it set to lose per week? You likely have it set to lose too many per week which is why your suggested intake is so low. We'd all like to lose fast and in a hurry, but the way you're doing it is not sustainable (as you've already found out). Try to give yourself a more livable goal that will work for you long term. I have more to lose than you and I can't set it to 2lbs a week because it puts me at 1200 cals which is difficult for me on rest days where I don't have those extra exercise cals to eat.

It will only let me set it to lose 1lb a week, and that is my 1200 calories. MFP will not allow me to set oit to lose any more than that b/c obviously the cals would be stupidly low (frankly theyre stupidly low already, but it seems if i eat any more than 1200 cals a day i will not lose ANY weight!?)

• MamaFunky
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Snow3y wrote: »
    Eat what fits

And now I'm paring this response with:

:blush: still blushing on this one. I will never be able to make that without thinking of this thread now :smiley:

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    why do you feel like crap after eating it. thats the part i dont get. if you want it, it fits into your daily intake eat it.
    i still enjoy a mcdonalds i just dont eat it as much as i used to .

Thats the point - it doesnt fit into my daily cals! lol

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'd go to McDonalds but skip the shake (the first time I wanted one I logged it to see the calories...turned me off of them, and my goal is well over 1200). Nothing wrong with it in moderation.
This discussion has been closed.