What did you hate most about being your heaviest weight?

Options

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Clothes not fitting right aka having to tug, pull and readjust constantly! :grumble:
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Feeling uncomfortable in my clothes. Embarrassed all the time in public. Hating the way I looked. But, just bought two pair of jeans THREE sizes smaller! Went to dinner last night and felt great about how I looked. I'm not at my goal weight yet, but I'm feeling better and better all the time. Woohoo!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In school, years ago now, a guy was doing a science project and part of it was to record peoples weights. The whole class got involved and participated with it and he (he was a nice guy) asked me if I would join in, and I said no, and he said "I promise I won't tell anyone" and even if he never I just didn't have the guts to get on the scale, I was so embarrassed. And the cute girl who sat next to me in that class weighed in and came back looking ashen and told me that she weighed 9 and a half stone and didn't realise she was so heavy.

People who see you eating and feel the need to say things like "you still hungry?"

Not having my collar bone looking prominent, I LOVE my collar bone.

Sweat. Ugh!

Looking down at myself naked, just vomit inducing!

Having to be careful about the new seasons fashions- oh titchy witchy shorts are in this summer? I never noticed...
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Being in denial about how overweight I actually was. I was at 280, I thought if I dropped to 250 I'd be ripped :laugh: Ended going down to 210.
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chafe-age! Meaning, the inner thighs of all my pants wearing out so quickly. Grrrr!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had a dream about 18 months ago when I was living with my previous boyfriend and our sex life was non-existent that we were laying in bed - clothed - and I remember him saying "of course I don't find you attractive, look at you!"

I was actually lighter than I am now. But it upset me so much.

I told him about it, he laughed and said I was being silly.

Still no sex though.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Getting on an airplane and having to ask for a seatbelt extender. and then...even after that humiliation...having people move so they dont have to be near me.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Always being uncomfortable....my clothes that were hideous didn't fit. Trouble doing much of anything normal like walking or finding a way to sleep. Eating until I was stuffed. Hating my pic being taking. Using the restroom in public places. Everything!!! I couldn't ever be in a state of contentment.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    • Being stared at when ever I ate anything ever like I was never supposed to eat.

• When talking with someone and they we’re looking me over and I could tell they were disgusted.

• My ex going out having fun and leaving me home. ( By the way he dumped me after I lost 110 lbs, go figure that one)

• Wearing ugly baggy clothes, if I could find them, to cover myself up.

• Not fitting into my Jeep Wrangler to drive it so I had to sell it. Now that I can It's gone! :(

• Not being able to tie my shoes without feeling like I was going to pass out.

• My feet swelling and hurting all the time….I now LOVE my feet, they are so cute!
  • IrishEyes68
    IrishEyes68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    tmi. but shaving my stuff.

haha, YES!! Me too...it was turning into quite a workout!

-Boob sweat in the summer ...ladies (and maybe some men) you know what I mean!
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    Getting on an airplane and having to ask for a seatbelt extender. and then...even after that humiliation...having people move so they dont have to be near me.

I hate that! I hate all the looks people give you when you get the seatbelt extender.

My other one is that is still happening, is people always assuming I'm hungry :mad:
  • EvanR
    EvanR Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh man, I don't think it's possible to pick just one.

I definitely have to second the amusement park rides and the clothes.

And being from a city where everyone goes to the beach ALL the time, not being able to go with them and feel comfortable.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Outweighing my boyfriend, and the way clothes fit and my thighs chaffed. UGHHHH.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1. Hating having my picture taken. I still try and avoid it as much as possible even now.
    2. Having to take a deep breath before leaving the house because I'm ashamed to go out in public.
    3. Crying in the shower after catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I still do this one sometimes.
    4. Almost crying in the change room at a clothing store when I realize I should have left that really cute shirt on the hanger and not wasted my time trying it on. I should have know it wasn't going to fit properly anyway.
    5. There are a few other ones but I'm not ready to admit them yet.

It all sounds really depressing when it's all written down. But I suppose it's all part of the journey to acknowledge your fears and try and finally do away with them.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    what DIDNT I hate at my heaviest weight...

Here's my top 8:

8) Feeling bad/mad/sad all the time...I was almost never positive...I was a very negative person..
    7) Having my picture taken....I avoided cameras like the plague
    6) Looking at pictures that I was in...Super embarrassing
    5) Getting winded after walking from my car to my office
    4) Sweating all the time...ALL THE TIME...
    3) People looking at me when I ate or ordered something to eat
    2) My shoes turning out to the side..like leaning out (you know what I'm talking about)
    1) Wasting money on clothing I would buy..wait a few weeks to wear, and BOOM they didnt fit me anymore.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I hated being considered a "big girl." When I was younger, I was in dance and very active, so I knew I wasn't supposed to be big. I hated hearing guys say that they like "big girls," and considering me a part of that group.

There's a lot more I hated, but that was the worst one.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    tmi. but shaving my stuff.

haha, YES!! Me too...it was turning into quite a workout!

-Boob sweat in the summer ...ladies (and maybe some men) you know what I mean!
    I second these emotions....blind shaving is an art!!! :embarassed:
    Years ago - went to Amusement Park with a friend - got on the roller coaster - they had to really shove that bar down....the worst was at the end they had to shove it in further for it to release and it couldn't go - I was too big. I squirmed and they shoved and after an eternity and a huge line waiting to get on :cry: they gave it one last - really hard shove and it released! :sad: That was the end of my a** going on rollercoasters for YEARS!
    Oh and don't even get me started on photos! The RULE in my family is NO side shots or candids! I'm easing up on that rule - finally! Well on the candids anyway! "Not ready for the side shot yet Mr. DeMille"....LOL
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My pants were really tight fitting at my heaviest weight but after shedding a few pounds, I'm feeling pretty good.
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm still there... And I hate that when I'm sitting, my stomach sticks out further than anything. I can't wear anything and have it hang right. It's just...depressing.
  • BillyPilgrim
    Options
    Stretchmarks and not being able to pick a pair of jeans without making sure they covered up my belly.