glad I found you and I need your help

Options
This is a great interface. Clean, easy to use and read. I've done Weight Watchers several times and it's always so confusing -- all of the noisy buttons and the points and it just overwhelmed me. Here I see things very simply - what I eat, the protein, carbs and fat - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the motivator at the end of the day '''if every day was like today you'd weigh..." This is genius.

But. I need motivation. I'm on my own here and so i'm hoping the forum will help. My husband is a naturally slender vegan. My daughter is a naturally fit teenager who lives on mac cheese and cheeseburger. It's an uphill battle in my house to cook something for myself that is delicious and healthy and suits my needs, as I have to walk past pizza on the one hand, and alfalfa sprouts on the other. I lost 20 pounds two years ago, and I've regained 10. I really want to go back to where I was before because I felt super healthy - not slim - just healthy.

Advice? Encouragement? I'd love to be part of the conversation!!!

Replies

• devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My husband is the type of person who can (and does) eat anything and he stays estremely fit by working out (lifting) one a week. So food has been a major pain in our house as well! I found skinnytaste.com and it has amazing healthy recipes that both my husband and I LOVE!!!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    My wife and I both enjoy the site very much. Lot's of great advice but most importantly we love the members on here, they are very supportive and are always encouraging us to keep going when we stumble.

Best of luck to you. and please feel free to add me if you'd like
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You have made your First Post so you are part of the Conversation from now on. :flowerforyou:

Consistency is a Big Key to success so come by here often and visit to get support, encouragement, and advice.
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is a great source of information. Ask questions and read the message boards.. People on here are great sources of information and inspiration. Hope you have fun loosing the weight!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    yeah , this is a great forum .
    I read your posting and all you say is about what your family likes to eat, how about you? Figure out what you like , what you want and start from there . Get as many friends as you can get .My MFP friends helped me a lot . They are funny and supportive :)

Fell free to add me as a friend.. We have kind of the same age ( ok , I am older:)) ) and we can help each other.I have 10 pounds to lose and after that I have to work on mantaining my weight over summer.
  • nennajames
    nennajames Posts: 10
    Options
    What do I like to eat? What an awesome question. Crazy that I never asked it of myself. Thanks for this!!