Sports Bra Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The VS maximum support line is amazing. Unfortunately, I just went from 32DDD to 30DDD, so mine are too loose in the band, but before that I felt they were the most amazing bras ever. I think it is the ultimate line?
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Target sells a version that comes in Bras sizes. I am also a 38dd, I play soccer, and I have found these bras to work really well. Also, they are under $30 each. http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-high-support-sports-bra-with-molded-cup/-/A-16455651#prodSlot=large_1_2
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @scg17 yes I agree that it's the best line. I also have the issue of the bra being too loose now. My band size went from 36 to 34 and now it doesn't hold as well
  • kansasgrl1500
    kansasgrl1500 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm another fan of Shock Absorber bras. Not the most attractive in the world (although cheaper and more attractive than Enell), but they do the job well.
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @KingsGirl4 What is your cup size? I have a gently used 34DD you could have if you want. I'm keeping my 32DDDs until I can find something better (I just wear a normal sports bra over top now).

Edited to add: I don't know if that is weird or not, I really didn't get to use it much!
  • vkudlock
    vkudlock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort best money ever spent. Hard to get in and out of but well worth the money
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as large as you or most of the women who have posted- but I've had success with Champion Powersleek style 1691 bras.

Sometimes I still double up with a good regular bra for really high impact activity though.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    +1 for Moving Comfort!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have tried:
    Panache underwire
    Freya
    Shock Absorber Ultimate Run
    Glamorise (can't remember the model)
    I am a 34 band with a G/H cup depending on bra (European brands run differently).
    I run up to 30 minutes at a time in these and am able to forget they are there.

Panache- Its a bulkier bra. Pros: smooth cups, and boob separation better than any other I've tried. I like the underwire as well, though it makes it a bit more work for washing. Probably the best of the bunch for moisture wicking. I never feel sweaty in the bust region in this bra. Downside: really really needs to be fitted well. It was awesome when I first got it but lost serious support after I lost as little as 15lbs. Runs in the $60 range.

Freya- Also underwire, so gives good support and some separation. Comes in great colors. Has more seams so slightly more visible under clothing if that matters to you. I find the racerback hook on the back a bit more tricky than some others, but definitely doable. Same retail price range as Panache.

Shock Absorber- A compression bra, so you can't avoid the uniboob. However, the fact that it is wireless makes it easy to toss into the wash. A few unique things I love about it are largely the way the back straps are constructed. You can easily adjust where the racerback clasp is located, and there is a rubberized piece over each back strap which helps it stay in place. Same retail price range as those above.

Glamorise: Not as good for bounce control as those above, but if you're on a budget, the best there can be found in the $20-$30 range. Unfortunately, the first I bought didn't fit so I sent it back and no longer have one in my rotation.

Cost notes: Once you know your size, give yourself a reminder to check amazon daily. Very often, one particular size and close-out color will go on a great sale. You just have to be patient and keep checking back. I got both of my shock absorber bras at a great price- one black that shipped locally and was $20! Another in awesome purple that took 3 weeks to get here from London, but worth the $30 I spent. My Freya bra was $14, provided I was willing to accept red. Hell yeah I was. Red is sexy, and did I mention $14!!

Other notes: Most of these bras suck for exercise by the large-busted without having the racerback snapped. The one exception is probably Shock Absorber. I have run while forgetting to clasp it before, and it was fine.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    +1 for Freya and Moving Comfort.

I'm a 40DD and had a Moving Comfort bra that I loved and never thought to get another for the longest time. When I did finally have the realization they don't make that 'model' anymore so the newer ones I'm not as in love with but they still work. I just bought a Freya one off Amazon and I love it! So I rotate between my two Moving Comfort's and the Freya for my workouts and never feel exposed or like I'm going to whack myself in the face either. I do HIIT training 3x a week FYI.

ETA: I cannot for the life of me get the racerback to clip when I'm wearing it so I beg someone to help me out (usually my fiance or my trainer). It's the only thing that pisses me off!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    +1 for Freya and Moving Comfort.

ETA: I cannot for the life of me get the racerback to clip when I'm wearing it so I beg someone to help me out (usually my fiance or my trainer). It's the only thing that pisses me off!

Hahaha. I used to have the hardest time. I swear I have t-rex arms. But enough frustration and I seem to have figured out just the right contortion to make it happen, lol.
  • CoffeeSlayer
    CoffeeSlayer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ljk0615 wrote: »
    this one. i know they make a 38 D, not sure about a DD. This is the most amazing sports bra. No others even compare. qxy9hxc7lclf.jpg

They do make this in 38 DD. I just got one and it is awesome. Shop around online. I was able to snag one for around $30.00 on amazon instead of $60.00 on other sites.
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ljk0615 wrote: »
    this one. i know they make a 38 D, not sure about a DD. This is the most amazing sports bra. No others even compare. qxy9hxc7lclf.jpg

I also use this, I am a 36D, used to be a 38DD, and the Under armour just holds it all in! No bouncing!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies!
  • prairie_girl_tanis
    prairie_girl_tanis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second Shock Absorber, especially the 4490. I wear a UK size 30G and you can pry mine from my cold dead hands cause otherwise I won't give it up.

Agreed. I wear a 36F and this is by far the best sports bra I've worn.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Under Armor!! I'm a full C but I have a friend who is D and we both swear by them. Nothing moves but you it's not the kind of compression that gives you a uni-boob.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I second Shock Absorber, especially the 4490. I wear a UK size 30G and you can pry mine from my cold dead hands cause otherwise I won't give it up.

Agreed. I wear a 36F and this is by far the best sports bra I've worn.

I have this one as well & would recommend it. I wear a 34J & have the Shock Absorber in 34HH (the biggest cup size in my band) & it does very well. I do get some movement but not much & it's not painful & I don't think I can avoid it no matter what I wear.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I had a shock absorber and it seemed to do the trick but now I'm 20lbs down I really need to buy a new one as it's no longer snug enough.

The problem I have with most sports bras is how low cut they are. I would rather something higher up my chest because when I'm doing things like burpees I end up sort of spilling out of the top. I've gone back to wearing a normal bra under my sorts bra. :/
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Enell for me. Nothing else will do. I have a couple that are 3 years old and they still support my size 6 (G cup) girls very very well. Even when I ride my American Standardbred mare at a trot. And that's truly a serious test of a bra's power to reduce bounce.