How do you reward yourself?

Options
I've decided that I'm going to do something nice for myself when I finally get down to what it says I weigh on my driver's license (Shh! Don't tell the DMV). It'll be a few months, but I want to plan ahead because it'll be kind of a big deal for me, and while working towards a healthy weight is the ultimate goal, let's be honest, you can only be committed to that goal for so long before it gets boring. So what kinds of non-food prizes do you keep your eyes on?

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Health.

Oh, and a s***load of new clothes!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    yup im all about new clothes. every 10lb or so
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    New clothes new clothes new clothes.

I can finally find cute clothes that fit nicely (most cute plus size clothing is made for women with plus size chests so if you don't have those particular assets you're pretty screwed) new clothes are it.
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Shoes!!!
  • sy8s
    sy8s Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    New clothes
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal (7 pounds to go!!!!!!!), I'm getting my first tattoo.

Something similar to this, but with personal touches.

rwszqxv1e9yx.jpg
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oh and during this whole process (76 pounds), I didn't do any rewards. Honestly seeing the changes and accomplishing the goals was totally enough for me.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I lost 20 pounds I rewarded myself with a shopping spree :wink:

When I get down to my ultimate goal weight, I'm not sure if I want to get a tattoo or get a nose piercing.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Clothes! :smile:
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i've never had interest in clothes in the slightest, but once I lose the weight, I have to admit I am sort of looking forward to buying some new ones, and in smaller sizes too. + i'll get a tattoo, and with starting a new job soon, I'll be able to afford to treat myself to lots of nice things!
  • emilyjanehall97
    emilyjanehall97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going for underwear and swimwear, since I know I'll finally be comfortable wearing something that doesn't have to cover my waist and hips
  • JEWIM1
    JEWIM1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Read once about setting aside a dollar amount for each pound lost for that shopping spree when you reach your goal weight. Think I'm going to try that.
  • Reevoslady
    Reevoslady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about it. I have a photo of myself where I look AWESOME, and I just didn't see it at the time. The benefit of hindsight, eh? *Sigh*

Anyway, I just look at that photo, and remember that I can look like that again. That, I find, is motivation enough for me to continue :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Being awesome is a reward unto itself...
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I think all along I just upgrade how I take care of myself...a new hairdo, facial products, wax brows more often, new clothes, shoes, new workout clothes...overall I just take better care of myself!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are doing a 30 day squat challenge right now--at the end of it we set a spa day to go sit in the steam rooms and get a scrub. But in all honesty doing that challenge has kicked up my workout game and I'm down 11lbs since starting that and calorie counting and that really feels like it's own reward.

Definitely looking forward to a shopping spree when I'm down to my ideal weight though!!
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A pair of expensive designer jeans, wear them at least once a week & feel good! It's a great way to help you keep where you want to be.