New at workouts

Options
What are recommendations on daily workouts for beginners and times amounts?

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean.... find something you enjoy and do what you can! I started running around 18 months ago...I started with the couch to 5k program and that really ended up being my thing. The most important part is to find something you like--it'll be easier to stick to.
  • JessicaCordell2015
    JessicaCordell2015 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks and How long do you exercise daily love?
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day... Normally I run 30-45 minutes 2-3 times per week and I lift 2-3 times a week for 35-40 mins.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    I used youtube when I began. Working out seemed like a chore, so I chose short dancing workouts. I like Tiffany Roth Workouts (only 10mins each), SuperherofitnessTV and Jessica Smith TV. You should aim for at least 30 mins 3-5 days a week. Then when you get used to it, try to increase it to 45-60 mins/5 days a week. Purchase dumbbells in various weights like 3,5, or 8lbs. I wish I had incorporated more strength training when I first started. Good luck with your journey!
  • JessicaCordell2015
    Options

Thanks guys you both have helped me so much
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV and Leslie Sansone are great for beginners and up to intermediate. Moves are generally easy enough to modify if you need to.

Try to get a mixture between cardio days and strength days. Keep looking until you find something you like to do, it will help you stay consistent.
  • JessicaCordell2015
    Options
    Thanks Teabae
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Also, you can purchase an online workout plan. I prefer to workout at home so this has been amazing for me.

https://fitnessblender.com/plans/fitness-blenders-4-week-low-impact-fat-loss-program-40-minutes-or-less

I LOVE them!!! I'm on round 2 of their 8 week program. The 4 week program might be good for you because it's low impact (since you're just starting out) and the workouts aren't that long. Plus it's only $7!!! I didn't really know what I was doing & I ended up just doing lots of cardio. So having a detailed plan really helped me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Another youtuber with a progressive program is BodyFitbyAmy, she has a 4 week challenge - the workouts are 45-50 minutes apiece and they will definitely challenge you :) And there are modifications for beginners if you can't get all of the moves down right away.
  • JessicaCordell2015
    Options
    Great thanks so much
  • belleightyseven
    belleightyseven Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started doing cardio for 20 mins on the elliptical and than quickly progressed to 30 mins and I love it! My goal is to do more cardio!! And than I do some free weights on my arms and abs. I went on Pinterest and looked online for some workout diagrams. Good luck!
  • JessicaCordell2015
    Options
    Thanks
  • Dojali99
    Dojali99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Also, you can purchase an online workout plan. I prefer to workout at home so this has been amazing for me.

https://fitnessblender.com/plans/fitness-blenders-4-week-low-impact-fat-loss-program-40-minutes-or-less

I LOVE them!!! I'm on round 2 of their 8 week program. The 4 week program might be good for you because it's low impact (since you're just starting out) and the workouts aren't that long. Plus it's only $7!!! I didn't really know what I was doing & I ended up just doing lots of cardio. So having a detailed plan really helped me.

• Dojali99
    Dojali99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Could u please share this plan and post wourkout links in order I find difficulty purchasing any of fb program and I need any of them.thanks
  • JessicaCordell2015
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »