only losing a pound a week

Options
13»

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Also don't use your height as an excuse. There are LOTS of us (including me at 5'2) who are small. I'm horrified by what you are doing to your body. What do you think will happen when you reach your goal weight ? You won't know how to eat like a normal person. The whole point of dieting is to lose weight and to retrain ourselves to eat good quality foods but not over eat.
  • momentai
    momentai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    Also don't use your height as an excuse. There are LOTS of us (including me at 5'2) who are small. I'm horrified by what you are doing to your body. What do you think will happen when you reach your goal weight ? You won't know how to eat like a normal person. The whole point of dieting is to lose weight and to retrain ourselves to eat good quality foods but not over eat.

I am planing to slowly increase my calories as I lose weight, then I'm gonna start building real muscles cause you can't build real muscles while cutting.

• momentai
    momentai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So are you or are you not eating back your exercise calories. Your original post says you are not but you say here that you are.

I usually burn about 100-200 calories during cardio and the gym, then some during weights.
    On days where I go for a long run or hiking and burn more then 500 cals I will eat enough to get that 100-200 that I normally burn at the gym. But most days I just go to the gym so most of the time I don't eat calories back
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @momentai Another thing that could be leading to the scale not going down more than a pound a week is water. You will need to look it up because I can't remember exactly but if you are weight training, the muscle could be holding more water to them while they repair. I think you should eat back your workout calories since MFP only does cardio calories not strength training (since it is so hard to calculate). You are already at the lowest you can do calories wise and if you are going to try to gain muscle, which burns more calories anyway, you can't just look at the scale and the low calories could hinder that process. Measuring your muscles and body fat percentage is something you should start doing.
    Best of luck with your fitness goals.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok. Is everyone here not reading her post. Her calories are way too low. She is going to bring harm to herself and everyone here is encouraging it ?????

If she's losing a pound a week, her calories are not too low. In fact, they are just about perfect for weight loss. More likely, she's not counting her calories accurately.

• palmirana
    palmirana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I recommend investing in a digital food scale, measuring cups and liquid measuring cup and be careful when registering foods. Also make sure to drink enough water.