Has anyone acheived any Success on Phentermine ?

Options
13»

Replies

• 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have taken it in the past combined with topiramate (which helps with binge eating) and the combination worked really well while I was on it. When I got off of it then I gained the weight back, but I think thats more because I wasn't as committed as I should have been. I have also taken just the phentermine by itself and I will say that even though it wasn't as effective as the combination it was easier to maintain after I stopped taking them as it creates a more natural diet.
  • ajravanos
    ajravanos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    if you use it correctly & actually understand that you need to make a lifestyle change longterm, it works great. i was on it last year for two months, lost nearly 50lbs & only gained 3lbs back around Christmas. Eventually lost the 3lbs + more because I didn't go back to old eating habits. if you think you're mentally ready to make a change, then you should ask your doctor about it -- but if you're not sure you can maintain keeping the weight off & eating correctly/drinking the amount of water you're supposed to/exercising, then i wouldn't recommend putting yourself on this pill. it does work wonders, but it's only up to the individual for long term success
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Holy hell zombie thread man! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this also known as Adipex (sp?)?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Holy hell zombie thread man! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this also known as Adipex (sp?)?

Yes it is. It also has some insane side effects, can be addictive, and does nothing to teach portion control. To each his own, of course, but not many people on here advocate the use of stimulants or other drugs to aid in weight loss.
  • MamaOfThree88
    MamaOfThree88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for a month now and I may say that along with proper diet and exercise, it will help you lose weight quickly. I don't take it on weekends because I am off work and active, that I actually forget to take it and I am not craving it or having withdrawals. I wasn't abnormally hungry, either, because I have learned portion control, eaten right (Paleo) and exercised. If I was taking Phentermine and still eating how I was, it would be a waste. I get fuller quicker (even without taking the pill), and the energy I have on and off of it has exceeded 100% than how I was a month ago.

The side affects, nothing really except increased energy and a bit of euphoria the first week. I take mine about 11am and lasts all throughout the day.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Yes it is. It also has some insane side effects, can be addictive, and does nothing to teach portion control. To each his own, of course, but not many people on here advocate the use of stimulants or other drugs to aid in weight loss.

Oh, I don't use that nor plan to lol! I just know of someone who took them, and she was constantly on the go, but didn't lose weight, and would freely give a pill to others if they asked.... :unamused:
    I will say I tried slimquick a few years ago, and that was the most epic of fails I've done when it comes to weight loss.
  • MamaOfThree88
    MamaOfThree88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Oh, I don't use that nor plan to lol! I just know of someone who took them, and she was constantly on the go, but didn't lose weight, and would freely give a pill to others if they asked.... :unamused:
    I will say I tried slimquick a few years ago, and that was the most epic of fails I've done when it comes to weight loss.

She probably didn't eat right. Like I mentioned, you can't take this pill and continue on how you were eating. It just doesn't work that way. My doctor only prescribed it to me if I were to start Paleo. I started Paleo for one week, lost 4lbs and showed her my food diary and then she was prescribed it to me. I wish others knew what to do with this pill and not expect it to be a magic pill.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

She probably didn't eat right. Like I mentioned, you can't take this pill and continue on how you were eating. It just doesn't work that way. My doctor only prescribed it to me if I were to start Paleo. I started Paleo for one week, lost 4lbs and showed her my food diary and then she was prescribed it to me. I wish others knew what to do with this pill and not expect it to be a magic pill.

I took it before I knew better. Ate right and lost weight. Also lost some hair and a lot of sleep. Heart palpitations, jitters. My doctor also didn't wean me off of it, so when I came off (due to the elevated blood pressure that the medication caused) I spiraled into a depression-like state. Mood swings were had. I lost 12 lbs on the pill, and gained 20 lbs back during this time.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with eating a balanced diet within my daily calories nowadays, without medication. IMO, it should only be used in extreme circumstances. But we all have to learn our own lessons, I suppose. Good luck on your journey.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Very true.
  • krysym1
    krysym1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been taking for month and half and only the first couple days did i notice anything different such as decreased appetite. I take 37.5 mg in morning with lots of water. Most days I'm like-did i take that pill? Any ideas why?
  • vegaspack
    vegaspack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kryym1, I take 2 pills / day but I break them in half so take 1/2 at 7:30 am, 1/2 at 11, 1/2 at 2:30 and 1/2 around 5. It does decrease my appetite but if I miss my dose I do notice my hunger comes back pretty quickly.