Has anyone acheived any Success on Phentermine ?

Options
I recently watched this Video and Now I am Very Curious about Phentermine. Any Rants or Raves ?
Oh ..btw here is the vid..http://youtu.be/kW2rRQCh6p0

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I would say look up independent reviews of it, don't watch a commercial for it and think about taking it.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/phentermine.html
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Anything marketed for weight loss doesn't work. Save your money!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You should do a search for phentermine threads. There are a bunch. I've been on it. Lost weight too. Side effects are not worth it.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with it in the past when I used it, but it's not a long term solution and really not something you should come to depend on. But yeah, I've had a doctor prescribe it to me and monitor my activity on it and been satisfied with it's progress
  • denvermom7
    Options
    I'm currently using phentermine. The weight comes off pretty quickly for me on it. It feels a lot like speed (if you ever tried cocaine or anything similar). I am not sleeping as well as I would like, but I was morbidly obese and I will trade a little sleep for a few more years with my family. I am 20lbs off my goal and then the real test begins...can I maintain without it? Will it be hard to get off it? Ask me again next month!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many phentermine threads from brand new or low post accounts lately? I'm seriously seeing 1-2 a day.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Why are there so many phentermine threads from brand new or low post accounts lately? I'm seriously seeing 1-2 a day.

People want magic.

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Nobody needs pills; just hard work and patience.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know who's tried it is still overweight. Lost a little, gained back more. And while they were on it, they were complet psychos.
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    People think its a quick fix. It's not a solution. You have to learn to eat better and you can't be on this drug long term. The dependency is false hope in the end. Lose weight by changing your lifestyle not taking short cut and hoping for a miracle.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Everyone I know who's tried it is still overweight. Lost a little, gained back more. And while they were on it, they were complet psychos.

I was absolutely manic. I even developed a skin picking disorder. But at the time, it didn't matter, because I was getting skinny. =/ Well, guess what? I'm right back where I was before I started. And I'm surprising myself. This is the first time I have EVER lost weight on my own. An it feels pretty darn good.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit?
  • 2015onmyway
    2015onmyway Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    denvermom7 wrote: »
    I'm currently using phentermine. The weight comes off pretty quickly for me on it. It feels a lot like speed (if you ever tried cocaine or anything similar). I am not sleeping as well as I would like, but I was morbidly obese and I will trade a little sleep for a few more years with my family. I am 20lbs off my goal and then the real test begins...can I maintain without it? Will it be hard to get off it? Ask me again next month!

I totally agree. It does feel like speed and I was getting like 5 hours of sleep. So I stopped taking it daily and switches to about 3 days a week. It defintely suppresses the appetite, but when you stop taking it, you gain the weight back because all it did was suppress. It does nothing for u long term. Your not learning portion control or how to eat good vs bad foods.
  • beachchik59
    Options
    I was on the phen-phen regimine. Didn't lose weight and ended up having a heart valve replacement.... don't do it. I am aware they dropped the one pill part of it but still
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Phentermine = BAD!!!

I was about to say that phentermine had something to do with phen-phen right? beachchik59 beat me to it...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing myself. People want quick-fixes and aren't willing to put in the effort!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I tried it for fatigue. It was awful. Do not recommend. I was compulsive and couldn't sit down or rest at all even when I was so exhausted I wanted to cry. I had to force myself to eat anything, which I know you'll probably think sounds good but trust me it's not. I couldn't be touched because my skin was crawling and everything hurt when it brushed against me, even clothes. I don't remember if I lost any weight on it, I just remember being miserable.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    OP, go read some real research, not a commercial.
    And I'd be leery of anyone selling drugs using a gmail account!
    Also, use the search feature to find the myriad of other threads asking about phentermine.
    Plus, with only 50 lb to lose you might not be at a high enough BMI to use it.
    It's intended for people who are obese (based on BMI), or are overweight (based on BMI) with other health problems.
    Not worth it. Nobody needs pills; just hard work and patience.
    If someone were in pain, would you tell them they don't need pills (morphine, tylenol) and they should just work hard & be patient to overcome being in pain?
    I doubt it.
    Hunger is a kind of pain.

Phentermine controls hunger, allowing a person to learn to eat normally, eat reasonable portions, etc.
    It does not stop fat accumulation, it does not give you more energy (unless you're very susceptible to stimulants), in fact other than suppressing hunger it doesn't do anything that commercial claims it does.
    It's not magic, it won't lose the weight for you.
    It allows you to learn to eat normally, reset your hunger control, while not being ravenous.

For me, it reset my hunger mechanism to a normal level. Even when I'm not using it I eat normally.
    The only side effect I had was a very _slight_ elevation in blood pressure, which appeared to offset the drop I was getting from exercise.
    No hallucenations, no psychosis, able to eat, able to sleep, not manic, not high, not bouncing, no headache.
    But thanks to not being constantly ravenous, I learned to eat normal portions... which leads to great success losing weight.

BTW, the phen-fen combo was canned because it caused heart problems.
    Phentermine was NOT the problematic part of that. It is safe.

I did a blog post about prescription appetite suppressants / weight loss drugs, which has links to more info on them.

51637601.png
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My Dr prescribed it to me last year. I tried it for a week, and decided the side effects were not worth it. I felt like my head was going to pop off, I felt so horrible that I couldn't do my workouts, which I felt was more important. A year later I am still over weight, but It took me more than a few months to gain all this weight, so I am trying to be patient :) Good Luck in what ever you decide!
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A doctor prescribed it to me and I really wasn't that interested but I tried it anyway. My fiance always knew when I took one because I became VERY bitchy, didn't sleep, didn't eat, hated everything and everyone, and normally i'm very happy and bubbly. I hated the way I felt. I took it for like 3 days and then I only used it when I needed energy.. Then I finally threw it away because I hated becoming such a mega *kitten*.