Replies

• Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Trident (with xylotol) is actually good for your teeth
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I like my sugarfree gum! I love finding new flavors to try.

I like him because it gives me something to chew without actually eating a whole bunch of food

Sugarfree gum comtains the sugar alcohol xylitol as the sweetener. Like many sugar alcohols, it can cause upset stomach and gassiness if eaten in too large of quantities.

Another thing about xylitol you should know is that it is toxic to dogs. So much so that it is not uncommon for dogs to die after ingesting gum.
  • Blazinthesky
    Blazinthesky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it.. anything in gum is so small, it has no effect. Your thinking to hard..lol jk :)
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    toxic

Not for humans, but it is for pets. If you chew sugar-free gum with xylitol in it, keep it out of reach of your dog or cat. I know it is deadly to dogs and may also be to cats.
  • theytellmeiamking
    theytellmeiamking Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    polyols make some people *kitten* their guts out
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Gum is fine, but not at work. Call me old-fashioned but I find that people who chew gum when they work in a public environment lack professionalism. I guess I still remember my very first job working retail at an amusement park. One of the big rules was not chewing gum at work. And I still find that true.
  • cherylabird177
    cherylabird177 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Increased chewing of gum can result in TMJ issues and cavities....