What worked for you?Please share Tips and suggestions for weight loss

Options
bre11217715
bre11217715 Posts: 44 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello ,I've never been as dedicated and motivated to losing weight and living a healthier life. I have recently lost 20 pounds but I find that I struggle a lot with my hunger. I hope that you can share your tips and suggestions that work for you and I can do the same.Thank you

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be hungry. Are you eating vegetables, protein, whole grains and foods with a lot of fiber? If you are and are still hungty you should increase your daily calorie intake by 200-300.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    Thank you for the tip. I have been eating vegetables, protein, whole grains and foods with fiber but I'm still left with an empty feeling in my stomach. I've been scared to increase my calorie intake because I've been stuck with the same weight recently. But I will try to increase it ,that may be the problem:)
  • bre11217715
    Options
    Can someone please tell me if it is possible to eat red meat and still lose weight, of course eating In moderation and staying within the proper calorie intake needed to lose weight?
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It may sound odd but mint is a natural appetite suppressant, brushing your teeth, having some sugar free chewing gum or drinking peppermint tea all have the same effect and can help curb your appetite...

A trick I used to have was making lots of little pots of artificial sugar free jelly like Rowntree's there's virtually nothing in them (think they're zero calories) and the jelly fills you up.... also really handy when you're suffering death by sweet tooth and need that guilt free fix!
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me if it is possible to eat red meat and still lose weight, of course eating In moderation and staying within the proper calorie intake needed to lose weight?

Off course you can eat red meat.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    many people find fat very satiating. if im hungry before bed i have peanut butter. measured out. or coconut butter. find what works. try different foods. switch it up. i find going low carb keeps my hunger in check. but that is just me. i also upped my calories. i would rather lose slower and feel better!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat 3x a week. I am losing. I choose lean 93% or less fat beef and tenderloin for steaks. It is extremely satisfying and filling so totally worth fitting it into the program.. I might serve the beef with spinach and mushrooms.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat all the time... High in calories though so definitely watch your moderation. My most helpful hint that helped me is water Water WATER... 9 out of every 10 times I think I'm hungry, I'm actually just thirsty... If I think I'm hungry I drink a cup of water and reevaluate my hunger in 20 minutes.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »

Off course you can eat red meat.
    thank you there are so much information that I've been waiting came to stay away from me because
    I eat red meat 3x a week. I am losing. I choose lean 93% or less fat beef and tenderloin for steaks. It is extremely satisfying and filling so totally worth fitting it into the program.. I might serve the beef with spinach and mushrooms.
    Great tips ,I'll try it
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have found that increasing "good" fats and proteins and reducing grain-based carbs (i.e. breads, pasta, rice; please note I said reduced, not eliminated), and instead getting most carbs from vegetables and fruits, has helped me.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    @snowflakesav I'm going to try the 3 times a week. I feel maybe that's what I was lacking. I was a custom to eating meat everyday and maybe And I stopped cold turkey.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    @Asher_Ethan I'll try that.great advice I've heard that .I've heard that before, I'm glad that it worked for you. I'll try it as well thank you
  • bre11217715
    Options
    @jenncornelsen that's true I just went to Trader Joes and got some healthy peanut butter. I've been putting it on my Apple when I want something sweet and it's been working☺
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of red meat and still have been losing weight. My fiancé is a butcher so he brings home a lot of meat for free so it's hard to turn down lol he usually brings home leaner cuts now but I always know what will be for dinner ahead of time so sometimes I will just take an extra walk. I have been trying to add more vegetables to my plate though and eat most of that before I eat any of the meat.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    @chelsmaee7 it's good to know that you've lost weight and you haven't Gave up On eating meat.I think I will incorporate meat again. I just had some about an hour ago with spinach and I feel a lot better. I like the idea of modifying your exercise if you know you will have something heavier than the other days.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    I can't get to the gym till 9:45 p.m. and I get home at 11 p.m. at that time I'm very hungry. since I had dinner earlier that evening what is your suggestion or tip or what do you do if your hungry after you go to the gym?
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @chelsmaee7 it's good to know that you've lost weight and you haven't Gave up On eating meat.I think I will incorporate meat again. I just had some about an hour ago with spinach and I feel a lot better. I like the idea of modifying your exercise if you know you will have something heavier than the other days.

I have tried losing weight so many times by completely cutting out so many foods and I've always failed. This time I've learned that I can eat foods I like as long as I can fit them into my calories. I never eat back my exercise calories but that extra walk just makes me feel better lol by not cutting out everything I love though I've been able to consistently stick to staying within my calories and also eating better by adding the vegetables but also have my meat. I've been loving beef tenderloin kabobs lately!! I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks just by watching my calories more closely (but still eating an entire personal pizza occasionally) and light activity. I've also pretty much cut out any liquid calories which has helped a ton!
  • greengirl4
    greengirl4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Agree with Asher_Ethan on the water. So important to drink lots of water. I also have tea with milk and sweetener when I'm feeling like I need something to fill me up. It tends to do the trick. I'm drinking one right now actually, in the past I would have been snacking on cookies while making the kids lunches!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    eat a little less; move a little more.
  • bre11217715
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

I have tried losing weight so many times by completely cutting out so many foods and I've always failed. This time I've learned that I can eat foods I like as long as I can fit them into my calories. I never eat back my exercise calories but that extra walk just makes me feel better lol by not cutting out everything I love though I've been able to consistently stick to staying within my calories and also eating better by adding the vegetables but also have my meat. I've been loving beef tenderloin kabobs lately!! I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks just by watching my calories more closely (but still eating an entire personal pizza occasionally) and light activity. I've also pretty much cut out any liquid calories which has helped a ton!

oh my god !that's exactly what I'm doing. okay I am not giving up because it hasn't been as hard just trying to cut out some of the Foods high in carbs, and still enjoying things that I thought I couldn't eat. But I will maybe only have a little piece instead of eating the whole thing. And yes it's taking me longer to lose the weight but it seems that this is the way I can stick to it because I'm trying to stick to a healthy living for the rest of my life not just to lose weight. you reassured me that it is possible to lose weight even though I'm not sticking to just a veggie diet.