Newbie needing friends!!!! GW: 110 lbs

Hi everyone, my name is Destiny and I am new to MFP.. I discovered this site through a "fitspo" tumblr and it had this link on what has helped her lose weight, or just get fit.. and eat healthier...

I am looking for new friends. I am 23 yrs old, 116 lbs.. and my goal weight is to be at 110. It may seem little, but I have always been "skinny fat" and i'm ready to shed some body fat, and get fit. Looking for new MFP supportive friends or anyone who's around my weight / height

Replies

• charmalene
    charmalene Posts: 26 Member
    Hi, im 5ft2 and weight 112 at the moment, want to get down to 108 maybe! Feel free to add me :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hello!
    My goal is also 110 pounds. I am 5"5, and I lost 8 pounds and was at 115, but I have a feeling I put 5 of it back on. (too wussy to check on the scale until i've been back on track for a couple of days). I am 21 years old.

Welcome!!
  • 6pixie6
    6pixie6 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! :smile:
    I'm 5"7 & having a hard time finding friends with similar bmi goals as mine. ;)
    My GW is also 110(-100), but like u I have always been skinny fat & like u am looking to cut in order to get ready for building on muscle. o:)
    Love to join up with similar friends for motivation. :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    6pixie6 wrote: »
    My GW is also 110(-100), but like u I have always been skinny fat & like u am looking to cut in order to get ready for building on muscle. o:)

A goal weight of 110 if you are 5'7" is underweight, so no, you're not going to find support for that at MFP because it's unhealthy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    6pixie6 wrote: »

OMG that's a BMI of 17.2

stop - just stop!

Possible problems include: unhealthy nails and skin; Lowered immune system so getting more infections and taking longer to recover from illness; Slow wound healing (eg, after surgery); Thinning of the bones; Irregular heart rhythms; Higher risk of heart attack; Lack of periods and infertility

Oh and a recent study that postulates that those who are underweight have a higher risk of death than those who are overweight / obese

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    The way to avoid 'skinny fat' is to

eat at or very close to maintenance
    lift progressively heavier

oh and the scale weight means nothing in terms of body composition

a46378e79756000773fcee9ba88143012390.jpg

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    If you all don't want to be "skinny fat" then get rid of the notion that scale weight is the way to go.

See above.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Yep, sorry but losing more fat most likely won't bring the results it sounds like you are after; I would suggest lifting, and lifting heavy. There is some really good advice on the exercise board. As said, see the above pictures!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    god im glad about these replies i was freaking out! I'm 5'4 and 127! making me feel fat!
  • 6pixie6
    I work in modeling & at 173cm, I have to be a little underweight. It's for my job.
  • BoneisBeauty
    BoneisBeauty Posts: 2 Member
    Well I'm 5'6" used to be 115, now I'm about 175 and miss it. I want to be 110 and it's never too late to start. I'll support you!
  • 6pixie6
    Well I'm 5'6" used to be 115, now I'm about 175 and miss it. I want to be 110 and it's never too late to start. I'll support you!

:) Thanku <3