Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    People kept asking if I was pregnant when I said no a few people asked if I was sure
  • biancajguymon
    biancajguymon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a small fortune in jeans that no longer fit. Somehow I've gained about 30 pounds since moving in with my boyfriend over a year ago. He's lost weight and he eats more processed foods than I do. Also his mom is a complete health nut and I'm tired of feeling like her talking about which diet she's trying is directed towards me. So that's what got me to buy a scale and actually look at the number and log my foods and start the exercising back up again.
  • ckjess19
    ckjess19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No big "ah ha" moment for me. I've been over weight almost all of my adult life. I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago the most unhealthy way possible....not eating. I gained it all back as soon as I started a relationship with a fit and hungry man. Lol. It's very hard to count calories and stick to it with two teenagers and a man who eats horrible day and night. Almost 1000 calories a meal if not more and of course it doesn't show in him at all. I really need motivation and friends on the same path.
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a new career field that's more physically demanding (nursing) and I want to make certain of my patient's safety, as well as, my own. Plus, I'm starting a new chapter in my personal life and want to enter it fit and happy!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was getting to a point of not having a lot of pants fit me anymore, and even the shirt collars are tight. I had some nerve pain in my leg and the doctor prescribed heavy doses of ibuprofen, which made me gain a few extra pounds. A friend recently posted on FB about losing weight, and when I asked him what he did, he mentioned MFP. So here I am.

@kamber13 I like the Latin quote in your profile!
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe what I saw, I had avoided the scale, and I guess chose to ignore the fact I had to keep buying bigger pants!!!!
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    When I stood in the doctors office on the scales and heard the nurse say out loud 95kg and shake her head, the other nurses joined in. How horrible!! Well I can't wait to reach my goal for this month, go in to that doctors and rub my weight loss in their face. Also decided my kids need their mum to be around for a long time!!

What a rude group of health professionals.
  • goal_girl_35
    goal_girl_35 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I used to try to get down to a certain number on the scale, but I realized that wasn't what I should be focusing on. Recently I decided that I simply want to be healthy and fit for the rest of my life. I don't want to experience the same health issues my family members have. Also, I want to look good :wink:
  • karenjohal839
    karenjohal839 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband do not look good next to each other, he is tall and lean and I am short and fat!
    We have had our kids and our business is running well it's our time again and it's the little things as well as the health issues
    Piggy back rides, cuddling on the sofa, sitting on the back of a motorbike,
    Being able to buy something other than handbags from top shop!
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I looked into the mirror and didn't like what I saw.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight I had an ah ha moment too. I was 16 and went to my first ever amusement park with a group, my first big ride was one of those spinning swings, walked to the seat, couldn't pull the seat down over me, two guys that worked there tried to squash me in to it and had to ask me to leave the ride. Same happened on the roller coaster. I spent the rest of the day siting on a bench trying not too cry, too scared to even attempt the waltzers in case I squashed someone sitting next to me. The next day I google how to lose weight, and did it. Wasn't easy but I did it!

I finally went to a fair aged 20 btw, and went on alot of rides! Turns out I don't much like funfair rides but still it was a proud day for me.
  • dougl004
    Options
    I used to try to get down to a certain number on the scale, but I realized that wasn't what I should be focusing on. Recently I decided that I simply want to be healthy and fit for the rest of my life. I don't want to experience the same health issues my family members have. Also, I want to look good :wink:

I'm all about healthy living. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars a month on medications for preventable diseases. Preventative healthcare is the best healthcare.
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I figured out my body fat % and got kind of upset (25%).
  • fitbit89
    fitbit89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tired of being the quiet girl hiding behind her weight
  • elizstrand1
    elizstrand1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie to this website & found it after reading Brenda Watson's book "Skinny Gut Diet". Her description of a person's health problems such as allergies, asthma, constipation, auto immune problems such as arthritis, depression, lethargy & the like, prompted me to search this website to help monitor my eating schedule & food choices. Since Jan of 2015, my body has turned on me & my food choices have added weight to a normally fit body. Her description of the imbalance of the bacteria that invades our gut from the food choices we make hit me like a truck! So much of what she has studied & researched opened my eyes to an alternative solution to the devastating loss of the life interest & energy I always enjoyed. I'm so full over Dr prescribed Rx & over the counter wholistic herbs that I'm in a state of inertia--don't have any other options but to try Skinny Gut Diet food plan, There's got to be a solution for all of us & I pray that this combined approach will bring us all the success we hope for! Good Luck & Warm Wishes to you all!!
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine was my pants not fitting and my long term boyfriend saying he'd leave me if I don't lose weight. That hit me hard and gave me a huge wake up call. I don't consider myself ugly by any means but to hear that really hurt.

• dougl004
    Options
    Mine was my pants not fitting and my long term boyfriend saying he'd leave me if I don't lose weight. That hit me hard and gave me a huge wake up call. I don't consider myself ugly by any means but to hear that really hurt.
    He should love you no matter what size. Im not fond of ultimatums. Good luck with your weight loss journey. I hope you meet and exceed every goal.
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My legs and ankles were swelling up if i stood up for too long because I sat so much for the past year and a half (I'm a web developer). My height adjustable office chair was sinking on its own. I didn't realized I had gained 30+ lbs. until about 3 weeks ago, when i stepped on the scale and was 202 lbs.
  • raregem99
    raregem99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like my body but I'm too heavy. Topped out at 196 lbs, it's time to get fitter, smaller, healthier. I am down 7 lbs so far, started 5/24/15.