so flappy arms?

Options
Hello ppl am back with my questions :D so i have flappy arms and my hubby hates them he gave me a warring by 15.8 i would lose them i started a healthier diet today and been lifting for two weeks now..any tips to lose them.quickly enough? And how long will it take me to lose them..currently am not lifting much weight 4kgs and a bar! Without added weights( ihave a back problem can't lift much) plz help o:)

Replies

• Sarahchoclateeater
    Sarahchoclateeater Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My arms are now 30cm in width
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cannot spot reduce your arms or any place. It will come off when it is ready to come off..

You can't exercise your arms to death and expect the flab to go away.. won't happen..

Keep up with the exercises though, when the flab does go away you have some nice definition .... takes time and patience.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Your hubby hates them?

What a nice guy.

Not.
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    Haha i know he is quite a rude guy :#
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Cannot spot reduce your arms or any place. It will come off when it is ready to come off..

You can't exercise your arms to death and expect the flab to go away.. won't happen..

Keep up with the exercises though, when the flab does go away you have some nice definition .... takes time and patience.
    Thx hun
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing a reasonable amount of exercise. You can't spot reduce fat but strengthening muscle will improve the look of any part of the body, really. Just be patient. :)

And forgive me if I'm misreading but he gave you a -warning-? Pffft. Rude. If my SO did any such thing I'd give him a 'warning' of my own, alright.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You're joking, right?
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    Guys he gave me the warrning coz iam always givivg up..3 years now i have been trying and after 2 weeks i fail lus i got the time when i really hurt my back..and all my eforts were gone with the wind..i gained back all the weight i lost and flappy became flappier
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    So i need tips..shall i lift more? Or what shall i do?
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd focus less on my flappy arms and more about getting "un"married to that jerk.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Eat less and lift heavier I guess. We don't want you to get anymore warnings.

• DayvKnight
    DayvKnight Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    None of the blame is on you for letting yourself go
    The blame is on your husband because he doesn't find a trait that signifies infertility attractive
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    This wins thread-of-the-day.
  • ashleyfowler110
    ashleyfowler110 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lol I wont focus on the husband part .. you should of left that sentence out btw ..
    Anyway, lifting a little more would probably help. Since you have back issues, lift like 8 lbs. It's really not as heavy as it may sound. You don't wanna bulk up so don't try to over do it. It will take time just like others have told you. I have been working at transforming myself since September of 2014 and I didn't notice any difference in my arms until I bought a dress for V-day this year. It seemed as if they just vanished over night.

Cardio and weight training is what got me where I am. It will definitely come off for you with consistency!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Quit talking about arms to your husband so that he stops being weird. Lifting is good -- not just for the arms. It is possible that yoga will give you the look that you are going for.
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Options
    Davy night is in the house :D
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Whoa
    infertility? Never heard that flappy arms could cause this. Is it a medical breakthrough? Will a woman be able to have children if she manages to lose the flappy? So many questions here. I'm stumped. We need a MFP expert meanie to help us out here. B)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You won't bulk up lifting weights, especially 8 lb weights.