Shin splints but in my arm?

Options
So a couple weeks ago I started going to a boxing class three times a week. Today, my left arm started to hurt. While I was boxing, the area that hurt was about an inch above my elbow. Now, it's about smack dab in the middle between my wrist and elbow. It feels kind of like shin splints, but in my arm.

Has anyone experienced this or know what it is?

Replies

• smarmyschoolmarm
    smarmyschoolmarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tennis elbow is further from the elbow than I realized. Maybe check that out online and see if it's a possibility?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I assume you've been taught how to wrap your hands, and you're using proper boxing gloves...?
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I assume you've been taught how to wrap your hands, and you're using proper boxing gloves...?

I've not been taught (only been going for about two and a half weeks now), so the instructor is still wrapping them for me. And yup, using proper gloves.

I'm thinking maybe it's because I haven't done anything that's impact-related, like boxing is. I first noticed it when I was throwing some punches at the bag. Asked the instructor if my form was correct and he said it was.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tennis elbow is further from the elbow than I realized. Maybe check that out online and see if it's a possibility?

Possibly? I checked Wikipedia, which lists symptoms as pain around the elbows (which was only during class, not now) and
    Pain from gripping and movements of the wrist, especially wrist extension[citation needed] and lifting movements
    Pain from activities that use the muscles that extend[citation needed] the wrist (e.g. pouring a container of liquid, lifting with the palm down, sweeping, especially where wrist movement is required)

^^which is more what I'm feeling right now in the middle of my forearm. Rest is suggested for minor tennis elbow, so maybe I'll just take it easy over the weekend? Not sure going to the doctor would do anything, and I can't afford it anyways :(
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tendonitis.
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice..... and stretching exercises. You might try exercising with a resistance band.