Should I eat past my calorie counter

Options
Should I eat past, below or at my calorie counter?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Try to hit on it; but you won't be hitting it exactly every day.

Don't stress about it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At, but being slightly above or below won't be a problem
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Well if you eat too much past it every day, you will lose a bit of your deficit and drop weight slower.

I prefer to eat at, or just a few calories under when losing.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always try too, but sometimes I'm soo hungry like now I just had a chicken wrap :/ feel bad but I don't believe in starving myself now, I'll work it off tomorrow, :)
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Near. A little under or a little over is fine.
  • espadax880
    espadax880 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! One more question do yall have that one day of the week where yall eat anything at anytime? Like a cheat day?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    espadax880 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice everyone! One more question do yall have that one day of the week where yall eat anything at anytime? Like a cheat day?

Nope, I eat the things I love within my goals (I'm eating ice cream right now and am still 100 calories under for the day). But if you choose to do it, be careful...you can easily negate your entire week if you don't count it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Not me. I log everything. Sometimes I eat more than my goal, but it's not cheating in my opinion.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

If you eat under for 6 days on the 7th you can use the calories you've saved

If you eat at your level for 6 days and over on the 7th you will eat into your defecit

Whatever you want work it into your calories
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

Your body will not know it is a cheat day and you are supposed to get a free pass ;) If you have been at e.g. a deficit of 300 calories all week, then eat 2500 extra on the 7th day, you are actually ending up gaining weight, despite your efforts to count calories all week. Just try to stay on track on a weekly level, and plan for days when you will be eating more than usual (exercise more, eat less the days before etc).