800 calories and an African Dinner

Options
girlviernes
girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
Alright, if you were going to this restaurant: http://bolatrestaurant.com/menu.html What do you think you would get if you had 800 kcals to spend?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ermahgod I don't know but I want the Ethiopian dishes
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Yikes, that's difficult!

Those are all of the sorts of things that I love to eat, but all of the dishes are fairly carby.

You eat moderate carb, right? Do you have a carb goal for this meal?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yikes, that's difficult!

Those are all of the sorts of things that I love to eat, but all of the dishes are fairly carby.

You eat moderate carb, right? Do you have a carb goal for this meal?

Usually my goal is 30g of starchy carb total per meal (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of a starch). Probably not going to follow that exactly for this meal though :)

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out what you are supposed to eat for starchy carb?!? so confused.

Also if I was going there I would get the Doro Wat entree or the Sega Wat and I'd try the peanut soup. The dishes sound pretty tasty!!

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Curried Shrimp Entree $16.00
    Jumbo sized shrimp cooked in curry sauce with mixed vegetables. served with a side of white rice.

Don't eat all the rice if it comes with a lot. A cooked serving of rice is like 1/2 cup. I think it's about 150 calories. Shrimp in spices would be nothing and if the veggies aren't smothered in butter you should be good.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    surprisingly few vegetarian dishes for an african restaurant.... the grilled plantains sound good... as do most of the deserts... i love ethiopian dishes but usually ethiopian food is more veg friendly.... ive made an african peanut soup which is amazing but tofu on the menu seems unnecessary and not very african....
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Omg the Yam porridge sounds awesome!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    What did you end up having?