I don't know what to eat anymore. Please Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hot case is like deli food. Like fried foods. It's not healthy at all! I just would like to be able to not have to have a recipe to make my lunch. I don't entirely eat what I should calorie wise most likely. I have just recently started to track.

My lunch a couple times this week was a bed of spinach with a can of smoked trout and 50 grams of tomato. Delicious and no recipe. I literally have a bag of spinach at work and weighed out my tomato and brought a can of smoked trout to put on top. Taking some time browsing through the grocery store is a help too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be a gourmet cook to be able to make some simple things to help you meet your calorie goals. As far as what you should be eating, you can eat the same foods you normally would eat, in smaller portions, and still lose weight. Many people find that adding more nutrient dense foods help them with satiety but you can eat a "hot case" meal (sorry, not sure what that is exactly) and still lose weight.

Breakfast - yogurt, fruit, eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal.
    Lunch - There is nothing wrong with a deli - get a sandwich or wrap. Whole grain bread, meat, veggies, cheese or mayo if you like. Why no hummus in the wrap - you don't like it? Make your own to save money.
    Dinner - there are lots of meal ideas in the recipes section of this website, or look at sites like Skinnytaste, or Pinterest.

Your diary is blank, you said you were just getting started, so why don't you tell us things you do like to eat and maybe people can give you more specific suggestions.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a lot of great breakfast/lunch boards that you could check out. Also, there are breakfast/dinner threads on here that I'm sure you can pick up some ideas from too.
  • coraleerinker13
    coraleerinker13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I realize it is empty. I am literally just started entering my diet. Looking for suggestions.
  • coraleerinker13
    coraleerinker13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the info! Sorry I didn't have my diary filled out of food. I tend to stick more towards chicken and cheese. Im trying to be open with what I eat. Thanks again!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the info! Sorry I didn't have my diary filled out of food. I tend to stick more towards chicken and cheese. Im trying to be open with what I eat. Thanks again!

Did you start with the chicken and cheese to lose weight or is that what you always tend to eat? You can still eat the same things, just less. Weigh it on a food scale and create a deficit. That's a great way to start. Eventually you may find that less of the same won't keep you full long enough, and you can find other foods and focus more on your macros to help with satiety.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If she's like me, she doesn't want recipes. Recipes mean cooking. And ingredients. Uck.

I stick to foods I can prepare in less than 10 minutes. No recipes needed. Bacon and eggs. Tuna melt. Can of soup. I have a frozen breakfast burrito every morning - heat it up, eat it in the car on the way to work. Lunch is always finger foods. Sliced up ham, deviled eggs, cheese stick, almonds, raspberries, sliced apples, baby carrots, black olives, etc. Sometimes I have a sandwich. Sometimes I have a Lean Cuisine.

I keep it REAL SIMPLE cause I hate being in the kitchen.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am also a lazy cook. One favorite meal is steamed shrimp and vegetables over a bed of rice. Use boil-in-bag rice, because it's easy. Put a little water in the bottom of a saucepan and set it on the burner on high or medium high. Put a couple of dozen extra small peeled frozen shrimp in the bottom of a metal strainer. Put a half-cup each of diced onions and green peppers (I use the frozen PictSweet veggies) on top of that sprinkle with garlic powder, if desired. Steam strainer contents until the shrimp is hot and the veggies are cooked, maybe 10 minutes. It takes no time at all for preparation or clean up and it tastes good. It works with any kind of fish nuggets (might taste good with catfish) or maybe even chicken.

For breakfast, make toast, place sliced cheese (I use deli-sliced cheddar or goat cheese) on top of each slice. Fry an egg and place on top for an open-faced sandwich. Top with salsa if desired. Every so often I put a couple sausage links on top of the cheese or brown the goat cheese in the frying pan.

I love salads topped with chicken that I've nuked, as well as with cheese, bacon bits, a hard-boiled egg, and grape tomatoes. Hard-boiled eggs are super things to have around, too. Boil a half a dozen of them and they will keep for at least several days in the fridge. There are lots of lazy-cook-type things that you can do to make reasonably good food that you will enjoy.