Just counting calories

Options
cdb604
cdb604 Posts: 81 Member
just been counting calories so far has worked for the first 20 pounds, I do look at the macros and try to adjust but seems like always over on something aslong as the weight keeps coming off its fine with me

Replies

• AnneLSam
    AnneLSam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started (2 weeks in, 7 pounds down) so I am really focusing on the calories as well. Well, and really do great on the water because to me that is easy. I am going to start up walking regularly this coming week though, I always feel better when I am walking regularly. I think you have to do what works for you, one step at a time.
  • cdb604
    cdb604 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Very true, I am up to a 2 mile a day walk, which gets easier every time , I'm trying to drink my water , but never seem to get as much as I'm supposed to
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Many people view some of the macros - namely protein and fat - as minimums rather than maximums. What is most important is to stick to your calorie allowance. Getting plenty of protein helps retain muscle mass while you're losing. I think the recommendation is 0.8g per lb of bodyweight. You only need to be concerned with things like sugar, sodium or carbs if you have a medical condition that requires monitoring them.

~Lyssa
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing the 1200 calories and I am down 8lbs this week...more or less. I didn't way myself exactly I knew what I have been at so I used that as my starting weight. Plus, I need the boost mentally! But it has been 7 days now.I messed up the water, was drinking half as much but what I know is a 1 liter (the smaller) of diet coke bottle is 4 cups, so if I drink 2 liters a day, I'm good on water. Its easier to measure, then I can pour it over ice and know how much I drank. I do watch my sugar and such, because I am not of the believe a calorie is a calorie. To change my diet, I want 1200 good calories of nutritional food, not 1200 calories of 3 musketeers...and I could do that easily :neutral: