new mom need motivation

Options
rameen84
rameen84 Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyone
My baby was born 3 months ago. I have lost baby weight but i was over weight before getting pregnant
I really want to get into shape.
I cannot do hard workouts for now because i had some complications. I go for walk everyday

My biggest prob is sugar..i bake and eat :(
Any suggestions
Thanks

Replies

• frayed47
    frayed47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cudos for trying to lose more weight! I have a huge sweet tooth as well, unfortunately. Personally, what I do is get 100 calorie snack packs in desserts such as oreos, fudge cookies, etc. and also getting 90 calorie brownie fiber bars. They work great to satisfy your sweet tooth and also helps that they're already prepackaged to be within 100 calories so it's much easier to not over eat. Best of luck! You're more than welcome to add me as a friend ☺
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Well if you like to bake, maybe you could use some substitutes versus sugar? Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. If you're staying within your MFP calorie goal you will lose weight. Baked goods like cookies and other things are going to have a lot of empty calories in them. The more you eat the more you want. Anyway, substitute with fruit and other things that are going to fill you up. You know you really do get used to eating fruit, if you stay with it. Eventually those baked goods won't look so appealing to you.

Good luck, just stick with it and you'll get there!
  • rameen84
    Options
    frayed47 wrote: »
    Cudos for trying to lose more weight! I have a huge sweet tooth as well, unfortunately. Personally, what I do is get 100 calorie snack packs in desserts such as oreos, fudge cookies, etc. and also getting 90 calorie brownie fiber bars. They work great to satisfy your sweet tooth and also helps that they're already prepackaged to be within 100 calories so it's much easier to not over eat. Best of luck! You're more than welcome to add me as a friend ☺

Thanks alot

I used to buy the 100 calorie snack packs..i should start doing that again ..
    I am new to this site..i was trying to add you but couldnt :(
    Can you plz add me. Thanks :)
  • rameen84
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Well if you like to bake, maybe you could use some substitutes versus sugar? Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. If you're staying within your MFP calorie goal you will lose weight. Baked goods like cookies and other things are going to have a lot of empty calories in them. The more you eat the more you want. Anyway, substitute with fruit and other things that are going to fill you up. You know you really do get used to eating fruit, if you stay with it. Eventually those baked goods won't look so appealing to you.

Good luck, just stick with it and you'll get there!

When i was expectingi was eating fruits all the tym. But after baby i crave for cookies and cakes . :(
    I try to use lesa sugar. If recipie says 1 cup i use half..but still i eat alot of them ..lolz...i need to be more strict i gueas :)
  • BreannahRichardson
    BreannahRichardson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! My son is 4 months and while I lost a little baby weight I still have a ways to go. Plus I was overweight before as well.
  • SammieJayneHurley495
    SammieJayneHurley495 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same position, my little boy was born 16/01 and although i got down to 2lb off my pre pregnancy weight then I started to gain! Now I'm 12lb off so just trying to stay motivated and lose the last few lbs!
  • rameen84
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Its frustrating.i am BFeeding..i thought i will lose weight quickly :( so what you ladies are doing? Any diet plan /work out.
    My daughter will b 4 months old on 23rd
    I walk alot 4 times a week .almost 4kms..thats it. No actual work out. We live in town house .alot of stairs... i guess if i control my diet i will lose weight...i cannot control my diet...sometimes i eat even i am not hungry...i just eat.lol
  • mumwarrior
    mumwarrior Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    omg...I am in the same boat as you! New 4-month old baby and breastfeeding still so I am ravenous all the time! It is insane! My best gf and I went for a walk today and she is the exact same way! Some women hold on to some weight until the bf stops! Keep up the walking (4 km a day is amazing!!) and just try to make healthier baked goods maybe with substitutions (apple sauce, lactation cookies, etc) I try to satisfy my sweet tooth with a couple of squares of good quality chocolate. Costco in Canada also has cashew clusters that are sweet but have nuts so they fill you up. Good luck!! Let's all of us mamas motivate each other!!
  • rameen84
    Options
    Sure..we need motivation ;)

I have a question. Bfeeding moms add some extra calories in the daily calorie goal??
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on the little one! My daughter is almost 2 but I was in the same boat as you (I run a small home bakery out of my kitchen so temptation is always there). I lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant and gained 40 lbs during. Breastfeeding isn't the miracle weight loss tool some make it out to be. I didn't lose weight until after I stopped breastfeeding. I'm down 50 lbs post baby now. I set time aside to get my exercise and take care of me. Remember that you need to take care of you too.
  • rameen84
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    First of all, congratulations on the little one! My daughter is almost 2 but I was in the same boat as you (I run a small home bakery out of my kitchen so temptation is always there). I lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant and gained 40 lbs during. Breastfeeding isn't the miracle weight loss tool some make it out to be. I didn't lose weight until after I stopped breastfeeding. I'm down 50 lbs post baby now. I set time aside to get my exercise and take care of me. Remember that you need to take care of you too.

Thank you so much...
    It must be busy with a 2 year old and running a business .
    50lbs woww
    I dont think so i can do that
    I have a 5 year old but he has some special needs
    When i have bad day with him i end up eating
    You are right we need to take care of ouselves
    I lost baby weight ..but 40 lbs that i gained with my son. Still there :(

What keept you going? Anything that you remind yourself everyday?
    Sorry my english is not very good :)
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! I said the same thing to myself. Set small goals and make adjustments little by little. Trying to eat 1200 calories and exercise everyday from day one is not realistic. If you love to bake, eat one cookie and give the rest away to friends or neighbors. My daughter keeps me motivated everyday. I have struggled with my weight and self esteem since grade school, I don't want her to be like that. She watches me exercise or we exercise together (going for walks, running around at the playground) and she eats mostly what we eat. Besides my baking, there is very little snacky food in our home. My daughter has a lot of energy and we are planning on trying for our second soon so I need to be healthy to keep up. I am also extremely lucky to have a very supportive husband. He has lost over 70 lbs, we encourage each other every day and never make judgements if one of us has a bad day.