Not on a diet!

Options
Hi I'm trying to teach myself not to be on a diet but making good food choices. I do eat lots of good unprocessed food but still shovel in high cal high fat food! Need to get moving more. I am very scared of exercise. I see so many women in my area running in lovely gym wear and think that's not me.

Replies

• Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    familydell wrote: »
    Hi I'm trying to teach myself not to be on a diet but making good food choices. I do eat lots of good unprocessed food but still shovel in high cal high fat food! Need to get moving more. I am very scared of exercise. I see so many women in my area running in lovely gym wear and think that's not me.

I think the best think to remember is everyone's body shape/type is different and everyone should feel beautiful wether they're big or small it's everyone's own preference how they feel & want to be .. Grab the bull by the horns and go for it. Even just power walking to start off and see how you go and get some confidence. You've came to the right place for motivation and confidence. Good luck :)
  • ThomasMolin
    ThomasMolin Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Samm471 wrote: »

I think the best think to remember is everyone's body shape/type is different and everyone should feel beautiful wether they're big or small it's everyone's own preference how they feel & want to be .. Grab the bull by the horns and go for it. Even just power walking to start off and see how you go and get some confidence. You've came to the right place for motivation and confidence. Good luck :)

Agree!
    Start with parking your car and the far end of the parking loot to get a few extra steps and try taking the stairs… My wife and I got the Garmin Vivofit (there are other brands) it triggered me to get 10k+ steps every day. your car and the far end of the parkingloot

Thomas
  • ThomasMolin
    ThomasMolin Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Huu what hapend with my post...

Start with parking your car @ the far end of the parking loot; to get a few extra steps and try taking the stairs… My wife and I got the Garmin Vivofit (there are other brands) it triggered me to get 10k+ steps every day.
  • Lolault
    Lolault Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi familydell - I'm exactly the same but also joined the gym yesterday, I don't do running in any way but the instructor was great he told me a fast walk is more than enough, once you start puffing and panting your burning oxygen not fat or calories (sounds a good enough excuse to me)!
    I've received a Fitbit today but I can't connect it to myfitnesspal app, I'm hoping that will help me to do more walking than just jumping in the car!
    Good luck
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Lolault wrote: »
    I've received a Fitbit today but I can't connect it to myfitnesspal app, I'm hoping that will help me to do more walking than just jumping in the car!

It's a known bug in both the apps, and they're working on it: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1979738--members-unable-to-link-fitbit-via-ios-android-app-

Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

PS. MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Those women aren't me either. You couldn't pay me to run, but it didn't stop me losing weight then take up competing in bodybuilding as a hobby. You don't need to run! Find something you love - dance? Swimming? Weights? Rock Climbing?
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you are self-conscious workout at home to DVD's or get a treadmill and start doing an app like C25K, once you feel more confident, then get out there and out-outfit all those other women...