"Make Old Things New Again" w/ pictures

Options
ObiWanJacoby_
ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
Hey everyone!!

My name is Jake Jacoby and this is my experience that I wanted to share with y'all. Three years I stepped onto a scale for the first time in awhile, and like everyone here, was very upset with how much I let myself go. I hit 290lbs cxdk1ue3e2wp.jpg
and immediately went into a state of disbelief and shock. It wasn't until I started looking at Facebook pictures from over the years that I started to see my up and down weight change, and this moment being the largest up I had ever experienced in my life. At that exact moment, I decided enough was enough. I began dieting, but not counting calories. Largely consisted of fruits and salads. Saw weight coming off, so I stopped. Didn't really gain anything back but wasn't loosing anything anymore. It wasn't until September 14 of 2014 that I decided to make a once and for all final dedication to getting myself to be happy in my own body. So here I was, weighing 240lbs ready to make a change. So I began counting calories. But quickly, and I mean quickly, grew tired of it, and of course failed again at making a commitment. Of course I began dieting again but was also doing a Cardio and weights in a non-specific routine. In January of this year, I discovered a website called www.aworkoutroutine.com here I read every single post the creator of this website made, and things started to make sense. I was skeptical in the beginning, because anyone can write about anything now in days on the Internet. But looking at the success stories on Facebook of users who bought and followed his book, I was hooked. I can say I'm now a believer too. Since starting in January I've lost 35lbs. I've been counting calories daily and been weight training three times a week. It's been an unbelievable transformation and experience. I am almost ready to start my first caloric surplus cycle and am excited to share my gains with everyone on here!!
7dyv754277ir.jpg

If you have any questions doesn't hesitate to ask!!

Jake

Replies

• smittybobitty917
    smittybobitty917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jake, those are some awesome results. Nice work!

Could you post a sample workout? I do plenty of cardio and need to mix in some weights. I'm curious as to what lifts and how many sets you did starting out.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    Options
    Jake, those are some awesome results. Nice work!

Could you post a sample workout? I do plenty of cardio and need to mix in some weights. I'm curious as to what lifts and how many sets you did starting out.

So a sample workout would be on an A day, it consists of leg press, bench press, seated cable rows, tricep extension, and then finishing with standing calf raises.

For leg press, bench, and seated cable rows, 3 sets trying to aim for 8-10 rep range. Once I hit 8-10 reps for each set the next time I do those workouts, I added 5lbs to the lift. For triceps I do one set trying to accomplish 12 reps. Same thing when I hit the 12 reps I will move up 5lbs. For the standing calf, it's 2 sets trying to hit 10-12 reps on both. Same rule applies, when both sets have accomplished 10-12 reps I move up 5lbs.
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    Options
    chesnity3 wrote: »
    Great job!

Thanks Chesnity!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!