Feeling awful need advice

Options
so I'm recovering from a restrictive eating disorder and I have started to eat more then I used to but I'm feeling awful

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    You should probably talk to the healthcare professionals guiding your recovery.
  • niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    You should probably talk to the healthcare professionals guiding your recovery.

Oh I am but just wanted some advice from people who have been through the same thing da no
  • jpstokes7
    jpstokes7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by awful? Are you feeling sick,bloated? I haven't had an eating disorder but I can tell you that I didn't eat well and changing my diet had me feeling pretty rough for about a week until I got used to eating a lot of food.
  • jooby1972
    jooby1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Niamh. Just wondering how you are and whether you are feeling a bit better. It is hard to make changes at times.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Not a professional, but I think that's to be expected. You're going away from your routine, and that can be hard. Hang in there...
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get used to the feeling of being full
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    niamh211 wrote: »
    so I'm recovering from a restrictive eating disorder and I have started to eat more then I used to but I'm feeling awful

I peeked at your food diary and looks like you are really trying to incorporate some food into your daily plan. I'm curious though, when you were in restrictive mode what did you eat then?
    I've experienced the same feelings as you - in fact I'm not as far along as you.
    Keep trying hon!

• niamh211
    Options
    niamh211 wrote: »

I peeked at your food diary and looks like you are really trying to incorporate some food into your daily plan. I'm curious though, when you were in restrictive mode what did you eat then?
    I've experienced the same feelings as you - in fact I'm not as far along as you.
    Keep trying hon!

Wen restricted I ate the same tings everyday if you see one of my day that I have salmon for dinner...that whole day wud b wat I wud eat! Wat process are u at now ?
  • niamh211
    Options
    tiffanyaiv wrote: »
    It is hard to get used to the feeling of being full

Ya it def is and the extreme hunger scared me aswell as I get most of my cravings in the evening
  • niamh211
    Options
    jpstokes7 wrote: »
    What do you mean by awful? Are you feeling sick,bloated? I haven't had an eating disorder but I can tell you that I didn't eat well and changing my diet had me feeling pretty rough for about a week until I got used to eating a lot of food.

I mean it's mentally draining like I'm feeling guilt and feel depressed lately
  • niamh211
    Options
    jooby1972 wrote: »
    Hi Niamh. Just wondering how you are and whether you are feeling a bit better. It is hard to make changes at times.

Ya it's very hard
  • jpstokes7
    Options
    Keep your head up and continue to reassure yourself that your doing the right thing, Talk to friends and family about how your feeling as well if you haven't already. It may help.
  • jpstokes7
    Options
    Keep your head up and continue to reassure yourself that your doing the right thing, Talk to friends and family about how your feeling as well if you haven't already. It may help.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like what I went through/am still going through.... Its really just endless mental torture, I don't think anyone can really understand what it feels like unless they've gone through it. Empty reassurances from people who've never had an ED are the last thing I want to hear as a person who's also still in recovery... sometimes it just helps to know you're not alone and you're not crazy for feeling the way that you do. I'm here for you if you'd ever like to talk privately..
  • niamh211
    Options
    jonrenly wrote: »
    This sounds exactly like what I went through/am still going through.... Its really just endless mental torture, I don't think anyone can really understand what it feels like unless they've gone through it. Empty reassurances from people who've never had an ED are the last thing I want to hear as a person who's also still in recovery... sometimes it just helps to know you're not alone and you're not crazy for feeling the way that you do. I'm here for you if you'd ever like to talk privately..

Aw thank you very much
  • niamh211
    Options
    jonrenly wrote: »

Can u give me advice on my food intake as I'm just wondering am I eating enough? I'm female, 27, 5ft 7inchs and weight 110lbs I'm eating 2200 calories a day...is this ok?