Salt Water Flush

Options
I started to try adding a salt water flush to my daily regiment. I've done them before and have had decent results. Has anyone else tried them?

I'm currently using 2TBS to 1QT warm water on an empty stomach.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What kind of results?
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that before. What is its purpose?
  • madz0007
    madz0007 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound particularly healthy
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For cleaning the toilet? What are you trying to "flush"?
  • sarahgemini
    sarahgemini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds dangerous
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I've flushed my sinuses before with salt water and have gotten great results!
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Really? I would think it would just add to bloating...you're body cleans itself, flushes and cleanses aren't going to help.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So, I looked it up and you are drinking salt water to try to force a bowel movement? A cleanse.
    That doesn't seem necessary or healthy.
  • UtterlyMzFit
    UtterlyMzFit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a salt water flush??
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yep,its another cleanse that says it produces 3-7 bowel movements a day.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had to google this. Literally, the third link was about the dangers and precautions of doing a salt water flush.
    Specific Salt Water Flush Dangers:

altars critical pH and mineral levels in the body
    kills all beneficial intestinal bacteria
    can overwork the kidneys as they attempt to regulate the sodium level in the blood, which has just been dramatically thrown off balance.
    excess sodium the kidneys can't eliminate quickly enough, accumulates in the blood, essentially "thickening" the blood, making the heart work harder and causing your blood pressure to rise.
    causes electrolyte imbalances
    can cause edema
    some individuals have reported "bad reactions" to the salt water flush, ending up bedridden for several days.

Granted, the more serious of these effects occurs in individuals for whom the process doesn't work at all, for those whose systems absorb the salt water. But, the first time you do a salt water flush, you don't know if you'll be one of those people or not.

On top of that, people with the following SHOULD NOT do a salt water flush:
    weak or diseased kidneys, or having only one kidney
    high blood pressure
    heart disease or weakness
    edema
    diabetes
    stomach/intestinal disease

And, most people throw up when doing it. So.... yeah.... that's a big NO.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely.......
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/detoxify-your-body-naturally/#axzz3aL9PRuzu

Why do people feel the need to detox when healthy bodies do that all by themselves?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Do you use that to induce vomiting or to accelerate your toilet habits? If it's the former, it's very dangerous. Some bulimics use that trick. If it's the latter, then yes, salt water can help things along if you're a bit pressed but not enough to warrant using harsher stuff. If you're doing it for weight loss, it's useless. That "weight" you lose will come right back as soon as you drink some water.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    nope. There's no way I'd do that. Your body cleanses itself. There's no quick fixes, there's no easy way out. You have to put in hard work, there's no replacement for hard work.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Lol read the topic and immediately thought of saline flushes (used in the medical field for IVs).

But this? Nope. Danger Will Robinson, danger! You cod get really ill from doing this. Also- taking in that much sodium is likely going to cause water retention not "flush" it out.