Is too much peanut butter bad?

Noe503
Noe503 Posts: 2 Member
i'm addicted to peanut butter! What do you think? How many scoops are enough for a Day?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Peanut butter should be weighed on a food scale, and fit into your goals/deficit for the day.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    As many as your calorie allowance will let you. No such thing as "good" or "bad" food - all in moderation :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Nothing wrong with peanut butter, but "too much", and "too little" means "bad", yes, regardless of what it is (even broccoli). How big is your scoop? Are you eating a varied diet in addition to the peanut butter? What kind of peanut butter is it (only peanuts, added salt, sugar, oils, etc)? If you feel addicted, maybe you should stop buying it for a while and then carefully reintroduce it.

I love peanut butter :)
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Peanut butter is great. You can even lose weight on the peanut butter diet:
    http://www.diet.com/g/peanut-butter-diet
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    wabmester wrote: »
    Peanut butter is great. You can even lose weight on the peanut butter diet:
    http://www.diet.com/g/peanut-butter-diet

Of course you can. I've eaten peanut butter through weight loss and continue in maintenance. I love your link! I've lost and gained weight before. Maintaining weight this time around seems so effortless. Maybe the realtively high fat intake is what makes it so easy to stay at the right calorie level? Or maybe it's just eating what I like and not relying on "diet" food?
  • 311snowwhite
    311snowwhite Posts: 30 Member
    too much of anything is bad
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    too much of anything is bad

True

If your PB consumption is limiting your protein, and fruit And vegies intake, or limiting your intake of other fats, yes it is too much. Balance is important!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Fit it into your calories and it really doesn't matter what you eat.
  • tompkinsmi
    tompkinsmi Posts: 6 Member
    I say no, but I go through a jar every 2 days. I find it makes it easier to hit protein, fat and calories. But then again it really depends on what else your eating
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    CurvyToFit wrote: »
    As many as your calorie allowance will let you. No such thing as "good" or "bad" food - all in moderation :)

Huh? You're contradicting yourself.
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2015
    I love PB too, but, really I think the natural is the only way to go. No added sugar, and no hydrogenated oils. To me if I buy PB the list of ingredients should say, peanuts, oil. salt. If I buy tomato paste, it should say, ingredients, tomato puree. I bought water once, and there was a long list of ingredients...what the heck?
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Bobbie63 wrote: »
    I love PB too, but, really I think the natural is the only way to go. No added sugar, and no hydrogenated oils. To me if I buy PB the list of ingredients should say, peanuts, oil. salt. If I buy tomato paste, it should say, ingredients, tomato puree. I bought water once, and there was a long list of ingredients...what the heck?

I agree here. I have been murdering natural nut butters over the last few months and I can't stop. Almond, cashew, peanut, etc. the key is that they are all 100% pure and the ONLY ingredient is the nuts. I make my own nut butters in our ninja blender too. Eat as much as your body and calorie goals can handle. I understand that nuts have a lot of good fat in them and the calories add up but so what? Eat the good stuff and all will be well. :)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Peanut butter is pretty high in omega 6 fatty acids and low in omega 3 fatty acids. You might want to balance that out with some chia seeds or flax seeds which are the opposite.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    moderation in all things...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

Huh? You're contradicting yourself.

How is that a contradiction?
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Noe503 wrote: »
    i'm addicted to peanut butter! What do you think? How many scoops are enough for a Day?

Depends what you're going to do with it. If you're going to eat it fine but as sunscreen it's terrible