diet pills/gummies

I would first like to say. I know.
I know you can't cheat your way losing weight and being healthy. You have to eat right exercise ect ect. I know (speaking of which I am not new to this site. But because of some app problems I had to restart)
That being said I am working on losing weight

But in your opinion can they HELP.
Will they help the process at all. Or is it just a waste of money.

I was looking at one called.
"Purely inspired
100% pure
Garcinia cambogia" (cherry gummies, herbal weight loss blend)

I've heard of this stuff but haven't bought it Yet.
Now if I were to.
Would it help at all??
I'm sure some of you have tried
Pills, gummies, anything

So can you PLEASE tell me your opinion and experience. Do they work in helping with the weight loss
Thank you

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I've seen a few discussions of those pills, and everyone says its a waste of money.

Take the cost of what those pills would cost, and spend them on some cute workout clothes instead.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    No.

I've bought a few "diet pills" in the past. They might suppress appetite some due to caffeine or whatever, but you can get that by drinking a cup of coffee.

As far as causing you to burn fat or lose weight just by taking them? Not gonna happen.
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Also consider that most of the "good" weight loss supplements that you can buy OTC cost more than a gym membership @ planet fitness.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Nope, if it was that simple then we'd all be thin. There's no quick fixes.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    I don't believe any magic pill makes weight fall off but to me that's not what you're asking. At the end of the day we each have to choose to eat less and/or move more....but can something help? I say yes. If anyone wants to say otherwise I'm cool with that. If they want to say it's placebo effect...Maybe it is but if it works I don't care if it's legit or placebo. I will say that any pill I've ever tried I've gone into it hopeful but completely skeptical knowing it's not gonna work. I take two things first an all natural caffeine free "water pill" from Wal-Mart that's literally like $2 and metabolife ultra also from Wal-Mart about $16. Anyway do I think I can just take metabolife and I'll lose weight? Nope not for one second do I think that but I can tell you that I can on a very regular basis eat 1000-1200 cal/day (no I don't eat this low every day...like today for example) and NOT BE HUNGRY. I do believe it helps my appetite. Maybe placebo, maybe not, don't care.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Caffeine definitely has no appetite suppressing or energy effect on me...I wish it did tbh. I could drink a mt dew and go straight to bed so Idk what suppresses my appetite but something does
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited May 2015
    I would first like to say. I know.
    I know you can't cheat your way losing weight and being healthy. You have to eat right exercise ect ect. I know (speaking of which I am not new to this site. But because of some app problems I had to restart)
    That being said I am working on losing weight

Will they help the process at all. Or is it just a waste of money.

I was looking at one called.
    "Purely inspired
    100% pure
    Garcinia cambogia" (cherry gummies, herbal weight loss blend)

I've heard of this stuff but haven't bought it Yet.
    Now if I were to.
    Would it help at all??
    I'm sure some of you have tried
    Pills, gummies, anything

So can you PLEASE tell me your opinion and experience. Do they work in helping with the weight loss
    Thank you

Let's put it this way: any diet pill will work as long as you eat at a calorie deficit, and no diet pill will work if you eat at a calorie surplus. So, in my opinion, they are a waste of money.

The only way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit.

30 pounds is not that much weight to lose either. You can do this!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    I've tried the diet pills...they don't work. I think they're snake oil. :)
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Don't go there save your money for some awesome low calorie meals like expensive steak, freaking caviar if you want for the price of those pills.
    20£ a month estimates for weightloss..

After one month you could buy a slimming pair of jeans or a gym membership.
    After three months at 20£ a month you could buy an awesome second hand treadmill.
    After a year you would have saved 240£ minimum and could have gone on a weekend away hiking or something even a weekend bootcamp.
    All more effective and fun than spending money on pills and potions.

• dragonfly634
    dragonfly634 Posts: 4 Member
    THANK YOU!
    Very much all of you
    I always knew they didn't work. But I thought they would at least help a little you know???? But it looks like the only thing it helps is slim down your wallet. so thank you again
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    THANK YOU!
    Very much all of you
    I always knew they didn't work. But I thought they would at least help a little you know???? But it looks like the only thing it helps is slim down your wallet. so thank you again

I think some of them work as a placebo effect. If you get your mind thinking the pills are working (even when they don't), you can trick the mind into focusing on making healthy choices, and giving the sense that you're more energized. You can convince yourself you have a suppressed appetite too.

If you believe; you can achieve.

Have those same thoughts, just minus the pills. Take a multivitamin instead.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    How can they help, if they don't work. Maybe as My Butt says, as a placebo. But no medical effect.

I'm glad you seem convinced that they are a waste of money.

You know what you have to do. :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member

I'm calling shenanigans. Opinions don't matter.

They do nothing to help. Less than nothing - sometimes they make things worse by giving false hope an dashing folks into depression when they don't work.

24dc9ee.jpg