Eating healthy!!

Options
fat2skinee662
fat2skinee662 Posts: 21 Member
I need new things to try instead of the same ole crap!! I need things that will make me stick to this!!

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods do you like? Are you looking for meals/snacks/both?
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah what kind of foods do u like? Skies the limit....
  • fat2skinee662
    Options
    Chicken, fish I don't know a lot of things to eat when on a diet??
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com
  • fat2skinee662
    Options
    Thank you!
  • slbuchanan361
    slbuchanan361 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need new things to try instead of the same ole crap!! I need things that will make me stick to this!!

I have a great taco soup if you would like to try it. Just friend me!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

You can eat anything (even while losing weight - as long as you are in a calorie deficit, of course), and please, don't go on a diet! :s

You should eat a wide variety of foods from every food group every day. Try some new things every week. Some of it may surprise you and become your new favorite food.
    93634 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a good one loaded with superfood and full of nutrition your body needs. Preheat oven at 425 with two cookie trays in it. One sweet potato, one butternut squash, two small red onions, a small bag of baby carrots...peel and chop potato and squash, chop onion, mix all together with a little coconut oil and chop a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. Mix together. Put on heated trays in oven for 25 minutes. Grill chicken breasts or use a little oil and cook them in a skillet. Once they are cooked take some white wine and use it to pull the chicken off pan mix grain mustard and honey into the pan and stir. Once veggies are ready toss all and enjoy with a dash of sea salt! YUM! -use however much wine, mustard, honey you want depending upon how saucy you want these. I use 1/4 cup wine, a small bottle of organic grain mustard and several tablespoons of honey. It feeds my family for days!
    93634 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything (even while losing weight - as long as you are in a calorie deficit, of course), and please, don't go on a diet! :s
    Noooo!!!!! Not all calories are created equal! http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/#close

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can eat any recipe you want, just calculate the calories and have an appropriate portion to fit in your calorie goal (I suggest preplanning your day, if possible).

Some sites I get recipes from:
    skinnytaste.com/
    emilybites.com/
    slenderkitchen.com/
    thekitchn.com/
    skinnykitchen.com/recipe-index/

But the majority of my recipes are actually the same things my family ate before I started calorie counting. Don't deprive yourself, or you won't stick to this long term. Figure out how to make your calorie (and macro) goals and eat food you like - I think that is the key to long term success. And you can still fit in treats, meals out, and special occasions!

I ate this for dinner today: Chicken Tamale Bake along with some coleslaw and strawberry rhubarb crumble for dessert. Once the leftovers are gone I'll be making Cauliflower Cashew Curry, with some modifications.

Feel free to friend me if you want meal ideas - my diary is open to friends.
  • fat2skinee662
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    93634 wrote: »
    Noooo!!!!! Not all calories are created equal! http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/#close

Yeah they are. And that blog is hardly a credible source.
  • beatapyc13
    beatapyc13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a good one loaded with superfood and full of nutrition your body needs. Preheat oven at 425 with two cookie trays in it. One sweet potato, one butternut squash, two small red onions, a small bag of baby carrots...peel and chop potato and squash, chop onion, mix all together with a little coconut oil and chop a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. Mix together. Put on heated trays in oven for 25 minutes. Grill chicken breasts or use a little oil and cook them in a skillet. Once they are cooked take some white wine and use it to pull the chicken off pan mix grain mustard and honey into the pan and stir. Once veggies are ready toss all and enjoy with a dash of sea salt! YUM! -use however much wine, mustard, honey you want depending upon how saucy you want these. I use 1/4 cup wine, a small bottle of organic grain mustard and several tablespoons of honey. It feeds my family for days!
    randomtai wrote: »

Yeah they are. And that blog is hardly a credible source.

• inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Didn't realize u posted again sorry. Chicken breast and ground turkey are what I stick to mainly but tilapia or another fish is a good source too. I can make a lot of stuff with chicken and ground turkey though so I won't get bored. Chicken salads, baked chicken with fresh veggies. Ground turkey meatballs, ground turkey burgers with kale (or spinach) and flaxseeds. High protein sources are really good to eat and fresh veggies of course. Kale is really awesome for u! I add it to omelettes, burgers, in a salad, in pasta, ect. You can eat a variety of foods u just have to keep to your calorie deficit. The Pinterest app has tons of help for recipe ideas. I use it all the time. I also found this guy that makes lots of dishes and he meal preps which is awesome cause I do the same thing.

http://mybodymykitchen.com

Hope that helps. Good luck :)
  • rgoulart13
    rgoulart13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

What a great sounding recipe!! Cant wait to try...thank you for sharing!!