How to Connect MisFit Flash to MyFitnessPal

Options
I have just purchased a MisFit Flash (low-budget, submersible) and I was having a hard time figuring out how to connect it to MyFitnessPal in order to sync the activity logs. After browsing through several fora I was finally able to put it together, but I thought it would be a good idea to share it with the community, since I found the MFP site to be quite lacking on instructions in this regard.

Here they are:

1. Download the MisFit App to your phone

2. Sync your Flash to the MisFit app by following the app’s instructions

3. Log out of both MisFit and MFP apps

4. Reboot your phone *** This is a highly important step; don't skip it! ;) ***

5. Log back into both MisFit and MFP apps

6. From MisFit app, go to “Me” (Bottom Right) > Settings (Top Right) > “Apps," then select MyFitnessPal > “Connect"

7. The MisFit app will take you to MyFitnessPal’s authorization screen

8. Select “Allow”

9. The MisFit app will bring you back to MisFit

10. Go back to the MFP app and select “More” (Bottom Right) > “Steps," then select “MisFit"

11. Go back to previous screen (“More”) and scroll to the bottom to make sure MFP is syncing

12. Go back to the “Home” screen in MFP app and verify your information from MisFit has been imported to MFP (there should be a small line that reads “# MisFit Steps” under the “Calories Remaining” section at the top of the Home screen in the MFP app). Alternatively, you may also check that the MisFit option is still selected under “More” > “Steps"

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this helps. :)

Happy journey to a healthy self.

Replies

• Darlow70
    Darlow70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine (Misfit Shine) suddenly stopped syncing with MFP even though they're still connected. I even disconnected and reconnected and still nothing :(
  • anosack
    anosack Posts: 1
    Options
    hillemary wrote: »
    Mine (Misfit Shine) suddenly stopped syncing with MFP even though they're still connected. I even disconnected and reconnected and still nothing :(

Same here. I updated my Misfit app yesterday and ever since then my MFP app has been unable to get correct calorie information from Misfit. The step count is coming over to MFP just fine, but not the calorie information. I've contacted Misfit support and will be contacting MFP support to see what can be done from either end.
  • lolasmommy522
    lolasmommy522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I could not get my shine to sync yesterday at all. Drove me crazy. This morning when I woke up, yesterdays data was in there magically. Now today's won't sync again.
  • PalasVeronica
    PalasVeronica Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    anosack wrote: »
    hillemary wrote: »

Same here. I updated my Misfit app yesterday and ever since then my MFP app has been unable to get correct calorie information from Misfit. The step count is coming over to MFP just fine, but not the calorie information. I've contacted Misfit support and will be contacting MFP support to see what can be done from either end.

Thank you for taking the time to contact MisFit! Please keep us updated. :smiley:
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have the same. Thanks for posting, thought it was just me!
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ditto!
  • nancyjoumaa20
    nancyjoumaa20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, same issue is happening with me! It was perfectly working until few days back.
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

I'm having the described problem as well. It looks like a communication issue between the apps. Let's hope Anosack receives a response soon regarding this issue. In the meantime, we can always quick-add our calories manually (defeats the purpose, I know, but at least we can still log and keep track).

Have a productive week! ;)
  • _devinsmommy_
    _devinsmommy_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Any word on this? I have the same issue?
  • bettyb2490
    bettyb2490 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. It will some days Sync, and some days not. It's really frustrating! Someone told me to turn my blue tooth off and then back on and it would Sync - and that has worked a couple of times. Any updates?
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on how to connect it initially! Made life easy.
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    rhoule76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips on how to connect it initially! Made life easy.

My pleasure! Glad it helped. :)
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

I contacted MisFit several days ago, and they assured me that the issues have been resolved on their end. I have now contacted MFP Tech Support and I'm waiting for their reply.

I will post an update when I receive word from MFP.

Take care!
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    Hello, everybody!

I received a "template" response from MyFitnessPal Tech Support a few days ago with not much information, but as of today, the MisFit and MFP apps seem to be communicating once again. A couple of days ago I disconnected them from each other, logged out of both, rebooted the phone and reconnected the apps again. The MisFit app began to import my food diary information from MFP, but MFP still did not receive any information from MisFit. However, as of 2 PM today, my MFP diary suddenly started showing the "Calorie Adjustment" from MisFit in the exercise log, and the MFP app in my phone now shows the MisFit steps in the home page. B)

It seems the communication issue between the apps has now been resolved. If anybody is still experiencing problems, please let us know. If you'd like to submit any troubleshooting issues to MFP, you may contact them via email. From the phone app, go to "More" > "Help" > "FAQ/Feedback" > "Email Us."

Happy journey to a healthy self. ;)
  • gregthomas02
    gregthomas02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else still having this issue? I've recently setup my wife's Misfit Flash to MFP and it syncs the steps but not calories.

Thanks
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    Is anyone else still having this issue? I've recently setup my wife's Misfit Flash to MFP and it syncs the steps but not calories.

Thanks

Hi, Greg:

It could be her MFP settings. Does she log her activity/exercise calories manually? If she does, chances are the calories won't update on MFP simply because the calories she logs manually are higher than what MFP is receiving from the MisFit app (this is what happens with my logs). When the settings option in MFP is set to ignore negative calorie counts, and the manual log count is higher than what MisFit says it is, the calorie calculations don't change.

If she has been logging activity calories manually, ask her to stop for a couple of days to see if the calculations change.

Hope this helps.

• lpclss
    lpclss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got a Misfit Shine and followed these instructions to sync. It worked yesterday but today the steps are not showing on MFP anymore. Any permanent fix for this?
  • PalasVeronica
    Options
    Hello, Ipciss:

I'm not actually a technician, but based on my experience with my Flash, if nobody else is having sync issues, it could just be a connection lag. I would try disconnecting the apps from each other, logging out and rebooting your phone, then reconnecting and resync-ing.

There is also the chance that there's a manufacturer failure with your Shine. This happened with my Flash, and MisFit sent a replacement. I would try the disconnect/reboot thing first, though.

Hope it helps.

Happy journey to a healthy self!
  • meganklymiuk
    meganklymiuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My MFP is still counting iPhone steps even though it shows MisFit in the Steps settings. And it's not even bringing in the correct amount of iPhone steps (from HealthKit) anyway.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I found it was more accurate to not have my Misfit Flash connected with MFP because it would add ~260 "exercise" calories every morning to MFP before any steps were taken (none showed up on the Misfit app either, so it was purely a communication issue). There was less mental math with just inputting separate exercises into MFP. They just didn't really communicate well, even though they connect.