Things I've Learned from my trip to Olive Garden

Options
Bshmerlie
Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
Positives:
1. I only ate one breadstick instead of three.
2. I ordered the grilled Salmon instead of the Lasanga.
3. I only ate half of that God inspired Potato Tuscan soup.
4. My stomach has shrunk so much that I was unable to finish my meal so I took it home in s doggie bag. (That's gotta be a first)

Negatives:
1. I got the Coke instead of water (obviously still a major weakness of mine)
2. I had four of the Lasanga Fritta appitizers. (I love those sooo much)

Overall I did go over my daily calorie goal but still stayed at the 2000 mark for the day. I also did both weights and 30 min on the treadmill tonight to help burn off some of those extra calories. Someday I'm still hoping I can eventually say no to the Coke when I'm out for a nice meal.

Replies

• EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nice. Went to carrabas tonight and feel the same way.. Now I did u sweet tea. However I had like 5 pieces of bread.. Lol
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hate phone. I did unsweet tea. Lol
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    Yes we usually have to ask for more bread.....but not this time. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Diet Coke?

By the way, great job. I usually consume way too many calories whenever I go to Olive Garden, which thankfully isn't often. Breadsticks and soup and salad and then the entree hahah
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    I just hate the taste of diet coke. I've just gotta say NO and get the water next time. I actually like water.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    why does treating yourself to eating something you love have to be a "negative"?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You made a good plan for yourself.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um OK.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Man, now I want some soup and breadsticks from olive garden
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    Because I'm diabetic and I shouldn't be drinking a Coke. I'm would have been fine with having the Lazanga Fritta but I should have stopped at one or two of them...did I really need four? Probably not. To me it's not about treating myself. I need to get to the point where I can make smart decisions instinctively. I want to be able to go to the movie theater and not feel the need to get the large popcorn and soda because they're refillable. If can get to the point where I don't need those things then I know once I lose the weight it will stay off. I don't need the large popcorn at the movie theater. I don't need to order the Cowboy cut size steak. I don't need to order a second round of breadsticks. .....And I don't need a Coke.
  • Bshmerlie
    Options
    Man, now I want some soup and breadsticks from olive garden

I know I love them too. But surprisingly I didn't have a problem going lite on them this afternoon. I was trying to save room for my meal. There have been times where I've filled up on the breadsticks and soup I could have not even had a meal.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    That chicken gnocchi soup is amazing!! It is hard to stop! lol
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    why does treating yourself to eating something you love have to be a "negative"?

It wasn't a negative...

OP found a way to incorporate things she loves into her goals and thus they don't need to be "treats".

she's done well in making sustainable lifestyle changes and made some awesome decisions!

Gtz op! :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with an occasional carbonated beverage. The problem is not the beverage is the attitude of assigning food a personality.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    That chicken gnocchi soup is amazing!! It is hard to stop! lol
    Haha true. I even found a knockoff recipe and make it at home. Still not like the real thing. I try to stop at one but sometimes have two! Even without getting a lunch entree it can still add up to a lot of calories. To go to Olive Garden and be under 2000 calories for the whole day, that to me is pretty amazing

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

It wasn't a negative...

OP found a way to incorporate things she loves into her goals and thus they don't need to be "treats".

she's done well in making sustainable lifestyle changes and made some awesome decisions!

I wasn't the one calling eating the lasagna fritta things she loves so much a "negative"....she did. I was just wondering why it was listed as a negative. it's just food.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good job! Great to analyse afterwards for what you might improve on next time. Since you hate the taste of diet coke and this is a "night out" how about treating yourself with Perrier?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I just hate the taste of diet coke. I've just gotta say NO and get the water next time. I actually like water.

I went to Olive Garden tonight and they had coke zero. Have you tried it? I always hated diet soda and LOVE coke zero! Also I got whole wheat linguine with primavera, took half home. Enjoyed one breadstick and salad (dressing on the side so I could put my own). Very reasonable meal. I could have eaten 10 breadsticks, my whole meal and dessert easy-but this satisfied. Your meal sounds yum, too!
  • Bshmerlie
    Options

It wasn't a negative...

I wasn't the one calling eating the lasagna fritta things she loves so much a "negative"....she did. I was just wondering why it was listed as a negative. it's just food.
    As I said up above it wasn't the Lasagna Fritta that was the problem it was the fact that I felt the need to eat four of them. I should have stopped at one or two. Did I need really need four of them? I was stuffed by the end of the meal. ...and that was even with bring a doggie bag home. Just like a bag of chips we don't need to eat the entire bag. The fritta could have come home with me.