Lower back pain - LCHF

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 8 days into this woe and for the last 3 days I've been suffering with really bad pain along my lower back. Had a bit of leg pain too but hoping to sort that with magnesium as mentioned in other posts. Do you think the back pain is diet related too? Any ideas of what could help it? It's been waking me through the night

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Probably muscle fatigue
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Have you started an exercise programme?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you having the "carb flu"?
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lower back pain is very common and has many causes, from bad posture to muscle strain. Have you tried using an ibuprofen gel? I have a TENS machine which is very good too.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 8 days into this woe and for the last 3 days I've been suffering with really bad pain along my lower back. Had a bit of leg pain too but hoping to sort that with magnesium as mentioned in other posts. Do you think the back pain is diet related too? Any ideas of what could help it? It's been waking me through the night

I suffer with back pain/sciatica and a lot of stiffness. Frozen peas on the area work well and a brisk walk first thing concentrating on good posture but sometimes I can't be bothered. I've found lots of videos on the internet to help and also have physio. Can't seem to get rid of stiffness though. If you find anything that helps let me know.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention diet related can be the bowels maybe adjusting to new foods or detoxing?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is most likely muscle. What drastic changes did you make to your diet in the last three weeks?
  • khmedstand
    khmedstand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    angiewf wrote: »
    Have you tried using an ibuprofen gel?

I had no idea ibuprofen gel existed! I'm going to ask my doctor if I can use it for my bursitis. Thank you for posting about this!
  • yvonnekimbley
    yvonnekimbley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :)
    Not added any exercise, just normal dog walking as before.
    Hopefully it's just a bit of adjustment to new diet.
    Thanks again.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :)
    Not added any exercise, just normal dog walking as before.
    Hopefully it's just a bit of adjustment to new diet.
    Thanks again.

Some months (but not all), I experience lower back pain before my period. Or you could have moved funny or slept funny and the strain showed up later. Like others have pointed out, "lower back pain" can have loads of causes.

But don't think of it as "woe." Weight loss should not be a miserable experience. Either switch to a less-aggressive deficit or choose more satiating foods.