Stepping on the Scale

Options
I've been tracking my weight and using this aps calorie counter for four days and my scale says I've lost 4 pounds. I assume this is just waterweight so should I even update my weight?.. what do you guys do?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week or every 10-12 days...I log my weight.

But if it was only 4 days in...and you want to log it make sure you log all your weigh ins ups and downs...as it gives you the trend not just your losses.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh daily and log losses as they come.
  • laurabrazel53
    laurabrazel53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :smile:
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I choose to weigh daily. It's not for everyone but it suits me. You need to be very clear that scale losses and gains are not necessarily fat loss and gains. I don't find the gains concerning but some people cant handle seeing the ups and downs. For me, seeing the daily fluctuation is interesting. I usually have my biggest gains the day after a big workout or a Friday night 'cheat' meal. I have my biggest losses the day after a rest day combined with a good nutrition day.

I log my weight every morning then immediately go and reset my goal so that my calorie allowance for that day matches my weight for that day. I'm not saying its the right thing to do, but it is what I do and it's working for me.
  • laurabrazel53
    laurabrazel53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great advice. I think I'll try the every day way for a while and if I end up feeling discouraged I will just switch to weekly. I like the idea of watching the trends.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports

This is my weight chart over the last 3 months
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my weight and using this aps calorie counter for four days and my scale says I've lost 4 pounds. I assume this is just waterweight so should I even update my weight?.. what do you guys do?
    I usually weigh in once every 2 weeks with tape measurements once a week fat loss is in inches not pounds :)x