Adding home made meals when I know the calorie amount

Options
Jtrix53
Jtrix53 Posts: 7 Member
I can only find the quick add tool which doesn't allow me to label the dish. Does anyone know how I can add a meal and manually input the calories?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You could create a new food in the database with the name of the dish and the calories. If you do, please make sure not to check the option to make it visible to others, to avoid adding to the clutter of the public database.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    recipe builder.
  • Jtrix53
    Options
    Sorry I really am very new to My Fitness Pal - how do I create a new food in the database? I can't see an option. I don't want to build a recipe - just add the name of it and the calories (I already know the ingredients and calories of the dish)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just click on the link 1sgs posted above and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, search for a food, anything at all, and under the results there will be a link saying "can't find what you're looking for?" or something similar. Click that and follow the prompts.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    it might be different depending on how you are accessing the site. the mobile app doesn't have the same full features as the web site. if you are having trouble on an app, try the web access to see if that helps.
  • Jtrix53
    Options
    Thanks everyone for helping. I get it now!