Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Once More, With Feeling

dewey836
dewey836 Posts: 10 Member
I tried this once before, lost 5% but then stopped and gained it back. But I did like this method better than any other weight loss program. However I finally realized I had similar plateaus at the same weight loss on other diets. So now I know I have a barrier that I will meet and must overcome. Finally I now have more motivation. My father was overweight and developed diabetes. I got re-started with this after noticing my blood sugar levels were creeping into the pre-diabetes stage.

Replies

• FloridaAimee
    FloridaAimee Posts: 295 Member
    Hi there,
    My father died from complications of diabetes in 2009, and that's what got me going as well. I'm a little chick but was up to 230 lb at one point (high sugar, high blood pressure, sick all of the time). I was 1.5 points from being diabetic!!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile: If youre hitting a plateau you may need to UP yur calories for a couple of weeks,then go back down. That helps a lot.
  • FloridaAimee
    FloridaAimee Posts: 295 Member
    PS- Nice to see another Bon Jovi FAN!! WOOT!!!
  • dewey836
    dewey836 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks Aimee I will try that. I find myself not tracking for a day sometimes anyway.
  • annemarietate
    annemarietate Posts: 6 Member
    dewey836 wrote: »
    I tried this once before, lost 5% but then stopped and gained it back. But I did like this method better than any other weight loss program. However I finally realized I had similar plateaus at the same weight loss on other diets. So now I know I have a barrier that I will meet and must overcome. Finally I now have more motivation. My father was overweight and developed diabetes. I got re-started with this after noticing my blood sugar levels were creeping into the pre-diabetes stage.

Joan armatrading ...
    Good luck dewy
    Am
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm SO glad that you're here working on your health before it's too late!! That's why I'm here as well ~ my mom is diabetic and she struggles frequently...

Also, I agree with you about those stubborn plateaus :D