Once More, With Feeling

Options
dewey836
dewey836 Posts: 10 Member
I tried this once before, lost 5% but then stopped and gained it back. But I did like this method better than any other weight loss program. However I finally realized I had similar plateaus at the same weight loss on other diets. So now I know I have a barrier that I will meet and must overcome. Finally I now have more motivation. My father was overweight and developed diabetes. I got re-started with this after noticing my blood sugar levels were creeping into the pre-diabetes stage.

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    My father died from complications of diabetes in 2009, and that's what got me going as well. I'm a little chick but was up to 230 lb at one point (high sugar, high blood pressure, sick all of the time). I was 1.5 points from being diabetic!!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile: If youre hitting a plateau you may need to UP yur calories for a couple of weeks,then go back down. That helps a lot.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    PS- Nice to see another Bon Jovi FAN!! WOOT!!!
  • dewey836
    dewey836 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aimee I will try that. I find myself not tracking for a day sometimes anyway.
  • annemarietate
    annemarietate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    dewey836 wrote: »
    I tried this once before, lost 5% but then stopped and gained it back. But I did like this method better than any other weight loss program. However I finally realized I had similar plateaus at the same weight loss on other diets. So now I know I have a barrier that I will meet and must overcome. Finally I now have more motivation. My father was overweight and developed diabetes. I got re-started with this after noticing my blood sugar levels were creeping into the pre-diabetes stage.

Joan armatrading ...
    Good luck dewy
    Am
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad that you're here working on your health before it's too late!! That's why I'm here as well ~ my mom is diabetic and she struggles frequently...

Also, I agree with you about those stubborn plateaus :D