Macros for 5'1 cant seem to get under 136 lbs

Options
Hi Im '39 yrs old and 5'1 wondering on other women? I'm not loosing anything. Help please

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
    Knowing your caloric intake is important to know before you think about working out your macros
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food? Also when be aware that MFP highly overestimated the amount burned for the exercise. So at times I wouldn't be eating as much of it back. How long have you been eating a calorie deficit?
  • doolalytap
    doolalytap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"1 and 37 I've struggled it would appear on my graph stats for 6 months putting on losing etc. I think ( totally estimating) I was eating too much back after exercise as I exercise quite a bit and presumed I could eat whatever afterwards. I have worked out my tdee and then I am eating 250calories below it. It's not fast but it's kind of working? I don't think I was eating enough calories before. Mfp said 1210 I was ravenous so stuffed my face after running!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    doolalytap wrote: »
    Hi I'm 5"1 and 37 I've struggled it would appear on my graph stats for 6 months putting on losing etc. I think ( totally estimating) I was eating too much back after exercise as I exercise quite a bit and presumed I could eat whatever afterwards. I have worked out my tdee and then I am eating 250calories below it. It's not fast but it's kind of working? I don't think I was eating enough calories before. Mfp said 1210 I was ravenous so stuffed my face after running!
    Mfp is designed using NEAT, which means it is set at a deficit even if you don't work out at all, that 1210 number is without exercise and you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back. I eat all of mine some days, others I don't eat any, some days only half of them, it just depends on how hungry I am. The reason most say to not eat all of them is because mfp overestimates calorie burns and really no matter how you're figuring out your calorie burn it is probably not 100% accurate. Mfp tells me I should burn 356 cals on the eliptical, the eliptical which has a hr monitor says 265 most days, so I go with the eliptical number but I know it is probably still off.

Anyway, using mfp you should eat the number they suggest on rest days and on exercise days eat around half of them back.

Also to the OP, make sure you are weighing your food using a food scale which weighs in grams. A lot of the calorie estimates on mfp aren't accurate.
  • angellemailow301
    angellemailow301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're eating ~1500-1700 calories most days. That's a great level. How are you exercising? Developing a good exercise regime can help with weight loss if you're stuck.

You can bump up your protein intake a bit as well. That is helpful for dropping that last bit of weight. I wouldn't go over 1 g of protein/lb of body weight though.