What do you do for excersise???

Options
So far I walk on treadmill and (try) lol to do a blender workout I found on youtube, it's a 37 min cardio workout, the longest I last is 15 mins lol!! I want to do something other than treadmill, I'm afraid my legs are gonna get really huge calves, I do t want football player calves lol if you know what I mean I personally don't want the budging muscular calves, no offense to anyone!! I need something that's not too hard but will burn lots of calories if that exists.. Let me know what you do

Replies

• maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    skipping!
  • crazihel
    crazihel Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Spinning, circuits & lifting <3
  • bhuertas1
    bhuertas1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zumba, yoga, & walking ^.^
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I do running, resistance stuff with kettlebells and dumbbells, the elliptical and occasionally swimming.

With reference to the running, I ran inside for a full year on a treadmill and my calves were unimpressive, definitely not muscular-looking. I've been running outside for 18 months on top of that, and they remain unimpressive.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love to go boxing! I attend a class every morning, which is a circuit training class. I also take my dog for a walk three or four days a week.
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well that's good to know!!
  • alanna918
    alanna918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, hiking and stepmill
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Cycle/Core/Lift
  • christiemarshall1
    christiemarshall1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brittani,
    One of the most common myths of strength training that women have is that they will get bulging muscles. Not true. Toning and strength training should be a big part of your exercise routine. You'll burn the most fat/calories working the biggest muscles of your body. Squats, lunges and any kind of leg exercises are the best. I recommend doing strength training 2-3 times a week and mix in some cardio on the other days.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy things and putting them back down. Also you're not gonna accidentally "get huge calves". Lolz. :noway:
  • BrittaniDirks
    Options
    Thanks can anyone recommend a strength training video? I do t have a gym membership but I have a few weights at home
  • BrittaniDirks
    Options
    Also what's the best excersise to work inner thighs and arm jiggle ? Lol. My outer thighs are toned and awesome but inner thighs yuck lol!! Pretty much I need a smaller stomach , to get rid of cellulite/ fat on inner thighs and arm juggle/fat
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your calves will mostly be determined by genetics. I walk and run and lift and have sub 14" calves. Other people walk and run and lift and their calves are larger. They might get firmer/shapelier but it seems like they are one of the spots that are mostly determined by genetics.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Also what's the best excersise to work inner thighs and arm jiggle ? Lol. My outer thighs are toned and awesome but inner thighs yuck lol!! Pretty much I need a smaller stomach , to get rid of cellulite/ fat on inner thighs and arm juggle/fat

Calorie deficit.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got really bored by the treadmill! I play Just Dance on the WII for at least 90 min a day. I am not lifting yet, as I have a lot of weight to lose and do not have a gym membership either. The dancing is fun and different!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Martial arts, horseback riding and extreme horse grooming, aka hoof trimming. I also sometimes get in an extra mile or so of walking.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks can anyone recommend a strength training video?

Try You Are Your Own Gym. Bodyweight resistance work.

And you're not going to build your calves by walking.

Personally I run, cycle and swim
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Cycling and lifting. I also walk a lot as I live in a city and don't own a car.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, swimming, lifting, boxing.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I lift. I stopped doing cardio 4 weeks ago. I might consider it again but I'm over it for the moment.