how soon before you results

Options
This is my 3rd day

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's gonna take as long as it's gonna take.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have 50lbs to lose. Settle in for the long haul!
    If you're eating within your set calories, you'll probably see a loss within the first week. In fact the biggest loss tends to be in the first couple of weeks when you'll shed water weight. After that it will settle down to 1-2lbs a week, depending on how you've set up your deficit.
    Be patient and good luck!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    come back in 3 months and ask
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    it takes 4 days
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Too long.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    cortney876 wrote: »
    This is my 3rd day

What were you expecting by day 3?
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    This is my 3rd day

Ripped abs
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd day

Ripped abs

Oh, no.....those come on day 4. Just be patient. ;)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It's going to take a long time. Patience is key
  • cortney876
    cortney876 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lolol i wish i would have abs on day 4. In fact i would settle for a flat stomach and still being 247
  • Azrrt
    Azrrt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started last Tuesday. I plan on checking in every Tuesday and I exercise 6 days a week at 45 minutes. I know I'm in the long haul and don't feel it's important to check every 2-3 days
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I noticed physical changes after 1 week. They weren't really noticeable to anyone else, but I could feel differences in my body pretty early on like my thighs don't rub as much, and my stomach doesn't stick out like it used to. Everyone is different in terms of rate of loss and when it looks visually noticeable though
  • cortney876
    Options
    That is true on so many levels i just posted something like that yesterday. I feel and see slim looking in the mirror and so happy like yes girl u can do this and then i take a picture its like i was looking in a trick mirror and or i step on the scale every day and the numbers dont move. I felt or thought i saw that my thighs werent rubbing as much and my stomach wasnt sticking out that much. But that picture just makes u want to give up and that dang on scale.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Definitely take before pictures. Every time I feel I'm not making progress I look at my before pictures and I'm like "Daymn, I sure don't want to go back to that"

Also, If you have a lot to lose, you'll feel like you're not making much progress. But if you're down to the last 15 or so pounds, you'll start to see changes in your body quicker.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh more than once a week so that I don't get too fixated on the number. Try to be patient, it will happen but it takes time. Just think of it this way, it may take 6 months or more to lose it but you'll go through those 6 months regardless, it's just a matter of whether you are spending them moving toward your goal or away from it.
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week. I agree that the first week I have noticed a few changes but nothing big. The biggest change is my loss of appetite. It seems like it is getting easier for me to keep my calorie count down.
  • cortney876
    Options
    Lol down to last 15. Im waiting for the first pound. Gosh its so hard. Today i was packing my lunch bag and i logged everything in my kitchen to see what tge the numbers will be. I almost couldnt eat nothing either to much salt,fat, or carbs. What do people eat all day. I drive a shuttle bus so has to be some type of finger foods
  • cortney876
    Options
    Yeah i felt like i wasnt hungry but just the thought of food at the time made me want to eat. Thinking of wgat i wont be able to eat made me think and focus on my calorie numbers like what can i eat for dinner with these numbers
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on what you're doing, to be honest. I just started week three of LiveFit and was looking at my "before" picture (taken a week before I started the workouts- I took a week to get used to the new food plan before jumping in) in absolute shock. The scale says I've lost about three pounds in that time, but I've lost inches all over. My husband couldn't believe the difference in one month, in terms of overall size and definition. I eat about 1650-1800 calories a week.

If you're just cutting back on calories, how fast you see results is going to depend on how much you're taking in and how big your deficit is. If you're also working out, it's going to largely depend on what you burn. Even then, it's hard to say when you'll see results because people carry weight in different ways. Like, for me, if I gain weight, the first place you see it is in my face. When I lose weight, you notice it fairly quickly because you can see my cheekbones again- but you might not notice it in the rest of my body right away.

There are just so many potential variables to consider- including things that are unique to you as a person.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd day

Ripped abs

Oh, no.....those come on day 4. Just be patient. ;)

I didn't get mine until day 5, so be prepared for the worst