I can't avoid pizza?

Options
Ok so I've been vegan for about 4 months now with the only exception being pizza. Which my family happens to eat allllllllll the time and I just can't help myself but to have a piece or two. Any ideas how I can get myself to be stronger and reach for salad when they're all eating pizza?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If you are eating pizza, you're not vegan.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating pizza, but that's just me.....
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    order something separate from the pizza place if you're really serious. Or just indulge and have the couple pieces when they have it and let go of your guilt
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your profile pic you NEED pizza.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Agreed, and if it isn't, but that's your inspiration, you need to reconsider your goals.
  • randomtai
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

That is definitely truth.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you like pizza, eat pizza. Nothing wrong with it if it fits your calories.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What I usually do is order a pizza with no cheese, extra sauce, and add tons of veggies. Since it usually costs a lot to add all the extra veggies I want (i.e. bringing the pizza from $7 to like $15+), I usually choose a couple and then add a bunch more at home. Diced frozen peppers, onions, broccoli, etc. Pop it back in the oven for a few, sprinkle it with some faux parm...yum.
  • spaceacethetic96
    spaceacethetic96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is order a pizza with no cheese, extra sauce, and tons of veggies. Since it usually costs a lot to add all the extra veggies I want (i.e. bringing the pizza from $7 to like $15+), I usually choose a couple and then add a bunch more at home. Diced frozen peppers, onions, broccoli, etc. Pop it back in the oven for a few, sprinkle it with some faux parm...yum.

That's brilliant thank you so much!!!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is order a pizza with no cheese, extra sauce, and add tons of veggies. Since it usually costs a lot to add all the extra veggies I want (i.e. bringing the pizza from $7 to like $15+), I usually choose a couple and then add a bunch more at home. Diced frozen peppers, onions, broccoli, etc. Pop it back in the oven for a few, sprinkle it with some faux parm...yum.

x7suq5qj7gy2.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with a little pizza in moderation. I could've had some tonight, until I found out it was Dominos.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Reading the two or so days you have logged, you are by no means vegan, so why avoid the pizza? If you like it and it fits your calorie goals, go for it. Although i can't really understand that 500-calorie-goal day...
  • spaceacethetic96
    spaceacethetic96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with a little pizza in moderation. I could've had some tonight, until I found out it was Dominos.

Ewwww Domino's is the worst. At least my family usually makes our own or gets really fresh pies from this great local place.
  • randomtai
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    If you are eating pizza, you're not vegan.

Vegan Pizza
    kvbye2m0q4lr.jpg

That isn't what the OP is talking about... So moot point.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Changing the profile pic does not change the disordered thinking.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Lol. Suddenly, closed diary. Oh well. Have a good one, good luck!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    500 cal a day goal and thinspiration pics. OP you need the pizza, and to speak to someopne about your disordered eating.