hello, new to MFP

Options
well I just started MFP about 5 days ago. The reason I started was. I am 40 years old and figure i just got this life thing kinda figured out. When the doctor monday put me on 2 blood pressure pills and one colesteral pill. So I got scared and see most of my family seems to have heart desease and a large percentage die in there 50s and early 60s so it scared me to death. I quit smoking 4 months ago on the 19th. I am doing a pretty good job of dieting and exercising and watching my cholesteral and sodium. Im still scared im going to die in my 50s even if I do all this but I am going to stick to this and loose the weight and lower my cholestora., Doctor says I will be on the cholestoral pills and prolly blood pressure pills rest of my life. I aim to find away to prove him wrong and with all your support I believe I can do that.

Replies

• connieholiday
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Well you made the right move joining mfp! Your gonna love it here :) If you need a friend on here your more than welcome to add me. I am always willing to give as much support as i can. Good luck in your journey....i know you will do great! Connie :flowerforyou:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    We're all glad you're here!
    [:
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    I feel your pain. My doctor put me on blood pressure meds 3 years ago when I hit 265. Since then I've dropped 50lbs (over half of that thanks to MFP:) ) and I don't need them any more. Be strong and stick with it and you will make your goals.