Logging... Music??

Options
madaracountertenor
madaracountertenor Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I play (classical) piano but I find that silly to log as exercise, even though it's an option on myfitnesspal. Should I log it? It can get pretty intense, as the pieces are not easy by all means, and I sometimes play up to 3 hours in a day.
I'm practically laughing at myself but really - should I count it?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No.
    I play the double bass and haul it up and down NYC subway stairs and lift it over turnstiles then play 3 hour gigs. If I was sedentary I MIGHT log that, but still probably not.
  • madaracountertenor
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    No, since it's part of your "daily" routine. It's part of how many calories you burn per day. If you did it 3x a week then i would tell you yes, log it.

I do just about every day...
  • arditarose
    Options
    No, since it's part of your "daily" routine. It's part of how many calories you burn per day. If you did it 3x a week then i would tell you yes, log it.

What else do you do in the day? I'm a musician as well, but I work in early childhood music therapy. I play all the instruments in the orchestra, jump around with the kids, live in the city and do a decent amount of walking and I consider myself "lightly active".
  • madaracountertenor
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What else do you do in the day? I'm a musician as well, but I work in early childhood music therapy. I play all the instruments in the orchestra, jump around with the kids, live in the city and do a decent amount of walking and I consider myself "lightly active".

Honestly I'm pretty sedentary but I'm also 16 so 1610 cals just seems really low. It doesn't make much sense...
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Honestly I'm pretty sedentary but I'm also 16 so 1610 cals just seems really low. It doesn't make much sense...

You should try sparkteens if you're only 16. Unfortunately you have to be 18 to use this site.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't really want to comment on how many calories you should eat as I don't know your stats and you are a teenager. Sparkteens should be able to give you an appropriate goal.