its me again....i need your help! its about protien powder.

Options
Guys,...ramzan (fasting ).for us(Muslims )starts from busy June this year....during this time we have our breakfast at Morning 5o'clock And Then we break it at around 7 in the Morning...... so...we won't be having any food...not even water for more than 13 hours......
I badly Wanna continue my workout..... I mean I don't Wanna stop them...so eventually what comes in our mind is whether would we have any stamina to workout......so I thought to myself....why not take protein juice in the Morning...
Guys.....I Need your suggestion about it...thank you!

Replies

• brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    [deleted] Just noticed you can't have water - so deleted my post about possibility of the 'Time Release' type protein powders to help with energy levels. Good luck.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No water I spent a fair amount of time in the middle east and during Ramsay water was acceptable to drink during the day. As far as protein goes you can have it in the early morning or after 7 there is no special time to take it. I usually take one scoop in the morning after the gym and if i don't hit my protein level with food i will take another scoop later
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    not_abrar wrote: »
    Guys,...ramzan (fasting ).for us(Muslims )starts from busy June this year....during this time we have our breakfast at Morning 5o'clock And Then we break it at around 7 in the Morning...... so...we won't be having any food...not even water for more than 13 hours......
    I badly Wanna continue my workout..... I mean I don't Wanna stop them...so eventually what comes in our mind is whether would we have any stamina to workout......so I thought to myself....why not take protein juice in the Morning...
    Guys.....I Need your suggestion about it...thank you!

I would plan workouts either just after breakfast or before your meal at night. You can still eat enough - you'll just need to eat calorie dense foods if you struggle with volume. Drinking protein shakes with your meals will help increase the protein.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Up north we fast for much longer and only have about 5- 6 hours to eat and drink at night. I tried to work out during Ramadan before but found it very very difficult. If I do work out it's only going to be a little bit on the exercise bike and some barbells...if that.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why not work out at 6 or 7 am? That way you have maximum energy.
  • not_abrar
    not_abrar Posts: 4 Member
    Options

What about after that.....I mean after workout in the Morning.... I don't think I can hold it upto 7 in the evening..... That's almost 12 hours....
    And I forgot to mention that when I was talking to my grandad..... he is a doc...I told him about my workout plan....I was planning to go after iftar (breaking the fast) And Then he started talking .....I didn't understand half of the things he told me....the point he was delivering is that that time is not good for workout....
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    not_abrar wrote: »

What about after that.....I mean after workout in the Morning.... I don't think I can hold it upto 7 in the evening..... That's almost 12 hours....
    And I forgot to mention that when I was talking to my grandad..... he is a doc...I told him about my workout plan....I was planning to go after iftar (breaking the fast) And Then he started talking .....I didn't understand half of the things he told me....the point he was delivering is that that time is not good for workout....

The best time to workout is the time that best fits your schedule.... I'd try just before eating, but if that's not possible, just after might work. You'd be well fuelled!