Bat Flap Workout?

Options
First time posting so I hope I am not looking like an idiot :)
I have lost 38 lbs so far and got another 50 or so to go.
I got this.
I do planks and squats and a few other things but what I really need is some bat flap challenges....or exercises.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    lifting weights has helped me a lot with the triceps. There are many exercises at the public internet. Try bodybuilding.com
    If you prefer just body weight exercises, you can try body dips.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're talking about your arms?? We call them Hey Babies at my house. :) There are exercises for toning triceps--I'm sure youtube would have some videos of how to do them.

tnyp3syj0tuy.jpg

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bingo wings is another term..

This is asked a lot here. You can't target fat loss. It doesn't work that way. For more on that, google "spot reduction myth".
    The best thing you can do is to follow a good, professionally-designed, full-body strength training program (NROLFW, Stronglifts, a personal trainer's plan, etc). That plus a calorie deficit will get you toward your goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You can strengthen and tone up the muscle underneath, but there are no exercises that directly spot reduce ANY PART of the body. That flab under the arm is usually due to excess skin and fat that are still apparent. It DOESN'T always go away. Sometimes due to genetics, and other times because dependent on how much weight was lost, excess skin is left behind. Only surgery address this on a permanent basis.
    That's not to say that you can't keep reducing body fat down to lower levels and seeing improvement in them though. Keep reducing weight and body fat, then reassess.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chanceydeanna
    chanceydeanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support and suggestions! I am doing this slowly so toning as I go.
    Y'all have a fantastic day.... I am off to do a plank challenge!
  • chanceydeanna
    Options
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're talking about your arms?? We call them Hey Babies at my house. :) There are exercises for toning triceps--I'm sure youtube would have some videos of how to do them.

tnyp3syj0tuy.jpg

This is FANTASTIC !!! I am rolling over here! Had to screenshots that for my flabby friends!
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    My friends all love it, too. At work when someone walks by my desk, it's not unusual to hear someone call out, "Hey, Baby!". ;)
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Well, that is NOT what i thought a Bat Flap would be!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    We call them bat wings lol! And yes lifting weights or bodyweight exercises will help, I am certain I will need surgery for mine :(
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yes the only way to get rid of fat is weight loss and you can't tell your body where to drop the fat from - but when it does come off and you want something solid to show off, I recommend the tricep dip above all else. I do kickbacks and extensions with 10 lb dumbbells but the dips are way more challenging, for me at least, so I feel they are the best for strengthening :)
  • chanceydeanna
    Options
    I suppose I need to you tube the tricep dip :)
    I am not ready for a 10 pounder. But I can do 3-5. I am all up for strengthening and toning.
    I am seeing a difference and I am grateful for that.
  • chanceydeanna
    Options
    We call them bat wings lol! And yes lifting weights or bodyweight exercises will help, I am certain I will need surgery for mine :(
    I hope in won't need surgery....but if I do, them i will just embrace it and deal with it. My pocketbook won't be very happy though. ..hahah
  • chanceydeanna
    Options
    csman49 wrote: »
    Well, that is NOT what i thought a Bat Flap would be!

Do tell! Hahahaha