OMG...mock chocolate cheesecake for 120 calories!!!

Options
DigitalDiana
DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
OK...bear with me... you have to try it before you pass judgement...
It works for me... hope it works for you

Mock Chocolate Cheesecake

1/2 cup 1 % cottage cheese (100 calories)
1 tablespoon cocoa (20 calories)
2 pkgs sweetener
mix + eat.... great low cal snack and totally does it for my chocolate cravings!!!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this... and I am being blunt .. but that sounds disgusting. :/:/
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm with gia07 that it doesn't sound too good.... BUT I love cottage cheese. I'd be willing to give it a try.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Really doesn't sound good to me either. Also, if it is as good as you say I would make more and have double. I just love chocolate too much to have a little.

:'(
  • eliseshute
    eliseshute Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not surprised by this at all. People use ricotta cheese in desserts, so I don't see why cottage cheese is so weird. Personally, I don't like cottage cheese, butI might try this because I'm a chocoholic.
  • imatraveldiva
    imatraveldiva Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ok, maybe after a second and a third opinion (heck i might need a fourth or a fifth) i might try it lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    eliseshute wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not surprised by this at all. People use ricotta cheese in desserts, so I don't see why cottage cheese is so weird. Personally, I don't like cottage cheese, butI might try this because I'm a chocoholic.

If you don't like cottage cheese, why would you try this since it's ALL cottage cheese?
    That makes zero sense.

OP, I've done something similar and it's delicious.
    But this is no where near cheesecake...

Smashing thin mints and strawberries into cottage cheese is delicious.
    smashing strawberries & cocoa powder into plain greek yogurt is delicious.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am all with the greek yogurt..

It is nothing against cottage cheese, I cook things with cottage cheese in it, I think it was the adding of powdered cocoa and "fake sugar" that took me to a whole other level of "yuck" and then call it "Cheesecake" I'd rather have two bites worth of the real thing for 120 calories.
  • DigitalDiana
    Options
    Truely it sounded disgusting to me too... that's why the post said "OK...bear with me... you have to try it before you pass judgement...".... It really is good...and no it doesn't taste like cottage cheese. (To me)
  • eliseshute
    eliseshute Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    eliseshute wrote: »

If you don't like cottage cheese, why would you try this since it's ALL cottage cheese?
    That makes zero sense.

Well, seeing as the sweetener and the cocoa would change the flavor of the cottage cheese, I would say that I made perfect sense.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it, I also like my cottage cheese with a little sugar and cinnamon
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Does not sound tasty at all
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt mixed with a little lemon/fresh vanilla pod. Tastes similar to cheesecake.

But.... i dont know...
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    "Chocolate cottage cheese" ... coming to a store near you... :):D:):D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Would sound better with ricotta... might have to try it!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    When I want cheesecake, I eat cheesecake. Mind blown
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Use a hand blender to "smooth" out the lumps -- this makes all the difference. Adding the splenda / sweetener really changes the flavor. If you don't want chocolate, skip the cocoa powder & add a little lemon juice -- then you can add fresh berries to it -- yum!!!
    I've also taken a mix like this, toasted a pita, flat bread, or sandwich thin, & eaten it on top. It's actually pretty good. You can also mix in a little PB2 for peanut butter flavor.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I hate to say this... and I am being blunt .. but that sounds disgusting. :/:/

No offense, but i toooootally agree!

• DigitalDiana
    Options
    MaryCS62... hand blender for this...great idea....
  • b_neroni
    b_neroni Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. I mix cottage cheese with 1/4 cinnamon and I stevia packet. 3 drops vanilla extract. Mix together. If I have some crushed pecans I put a teaspoon on top.