Challenge Group Looking For Participants

Options
lmc8009
lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, May 25th. Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 18 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2015. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, May 25th. It will run for 6 weeks.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, daily challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!! Examples of mini challenges include - steps/mileage tracking, earning exercise points toward charitable donations, meeting goals in a bingo style game, etc. We change these up every season. Some past challenges that may return include: running, abs, strength training, squats, zumba, etc.

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire 6 weeks of competition! Please note that participation will require you to be able to put a fair amount of time in every week to check in with your team, keep up with board participation, and complete challenges.

Replies

• lmc8009
    Options
    *Signups will close when spaces are full or Wednesday, May 20, whichever comes first.
  • happening5
    happening5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How many people do I need on my team?
  • lmc8009
    Options
    happening5 wrote: »
    How many people do I need on my team?

You do not need to form a team! If you're interested in joining, we will assign you to one. We have about 60 participants so far and are looking to get to 80-100 total.
  • greedygob
    greedygob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Please
  • lmc8009
    Options
    greedygob wrote: »
    Can I join? Please

Yes! I'll put you down!
  • dinadeee
    dinadeee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join :)
  • giacalonester186
    giacalonester186 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want in please! :)
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I've added all of you! @happening5 - if you want in, please let me know!
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I didn't get anything...
  • bexi97
    bexi97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I join ?
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I didn't get anything...

Group invitations will go out Wednesday! You will find yours then in the notifications bell on your community tab!
  • deebrew6
    deebrew6 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in...please!
  • mishi1974
    mishi1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • Wendy5832
    Wendy5832 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I am interested in joining too - sounds like fun x
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I have all of you down!
  • bwp180
    bwp180 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate! Count me IN!
  • howsa06
    howsa06 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, please
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up if it's not too late.
  • lmc8009
    Options
    Added to here! Everyone requesting invite will get a group invitation on Wednesday!