Foods that are high in carbs?

Options
bmb42
bmb42 Posts: 19 Member
I've got a pretty high carbs macro goal. I eat 1800 a day.
90P/40F/270C
I have no trouble reaching protein and fat, but eating that many carbs is difficult! I'm not a huge pasta fan so please don't suggest that.

Currently for carbs I eat a lot of oats, bananas, rice cakes, and wheat bread. I recently switched my wheat bread to a higher carb choice.

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm on 1800 calories before exercise and I eat more protein and fat than your macros most days. I rarely go over 200 carbs because now that I pay attention to what I'm eating, I naturally go for more protein which also increases fat intake.

If your macro ratios aren't doctor ordered, you can adjust them if you don't want that many carbs.

Eta: if you need the carbs, how about potatoes? Both white and sweet potatoes are healthy/decent calories as long as you don't overload high calorie toppings.
  • bmb42
    bmb42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    With lifting I need the carbs to keep my energy up. My body doesn't need more than 90 grams of protein because I'm rather tiny framed. My body would just excrete the excess. I didn't even think about potatoes or waffles though! Thank you!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1920 calories per day and like rice and oatmeal
  • Lily2you
    Lily2you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dried fruits are very high in carbs.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sweet potatoes and potatoes are my go-to evening carb sources. Also rice and root veggies like turnips, parsnips, celeriac, carrots, although they don't have as much. Dairy has a decent amount of carbs too, low/no fat more as a percentage of overall calories than full fat, of course.

Corn and polenta also.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Nuts especially wallnuts
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Rice and sourpatch kids. What a delicious option to have a hard time hitting.
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cereal, frozen/fresh fruit, cookies, kettlecorn