15 minute exercises

Hi all! Can someone recommend exercise that I can do in 15 minutes in the morning? That's all the time I have and I can't get too sweaty because I would already be dressed for work. I'm 54 years old, weigh 168, want to lose 20 lbs and I'm eating so much vegetation that my nose is twitching like a bunny. Doctor pushed eexercise and cut down on food of course, but I dont have those huge blocks of time! I've cut back to 600 calories a day.

Replies

• Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    You've cut off 600 calories a day from your total or are you eating a total of 600 calories a day? (The latter isn't healthy) Veggies aren't bad, but please make sure you are also getting some protein in your diet.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    mare941 wrote: »
    Hi all! Can someone recommend exercise that I can do in 15 minutes in the morning? That's all the time I have and I can't get too sweaty because I would already be dressed for work. I'm 54 years old, weigh 168, want to lose 20 lbs and I'm eating so much vegetation that my nose is twitching like a bunny. Doctor pushed eexercise and cut down on food of course, but I dont have those huge blocks of time! I've cut back to 600 calories a day.

You eat 600 calories a day?

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited May 2015
    15 min without getting sweaty and you're already dressed for work?

Do everything in air conditioning and turn an additional fan on yourself so you can use some intensity and stay cool-ish.

Walking.
    Stationary bike if you're not wearing a skirt.
    Slow run, or run in place, if you're not wearing a skirt.

Can't think of too much else that would be OK in work clothes.

And the 600 cals - if you didn't have weight loss surgery and are restricted for that reason, I'd revisit that pronto. 600 cals is not a good idea for a prolonged period of time. Acceptable, if you are regularly monitored by a doctor (and hopefully a dietician), but not pleasant and not necessary to lose the weight you want to lose.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    At 600 calories I wouldn't do any exercise. You're not even eating enough to support daily living let alone anything additional.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    If you're dr encouraged you to eat 600 calories a day it is time to find a new dr. I promise if you really look at how your time is spent throughout the day you can find more than 15 minutes for a little physical activity. Go for a walk on a break at work or over lunch if you are looking for low impact.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    When you get out of bed do sixteen minutes of Planks. I do a 30 second side, 30 rest, 30 front, 30 rest, 30 side, rest and 10 leg lift crunches. repeat for 16 minutes. You can do under a fan and will be much more comfortable with a padded mat. Every other ab workout kept adding time so I settled on this to keep the core strong
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Sweat before your shower.

Most people can schedule 5 to 15-minute intensive (sweat-soaked) exercises somewhere in their day. It's really about how bad the individual wants it.

You could walk for 15 minutes without sweating but that's not going to do much for strength and weight loss. I would set a goal and keep your eye on the ball. Challenge yourself in every workout--push hard. Try the "Pop Sugar" app or "Fitness Blender" on YouTube for quick full-body routines.
    Choose two. Alternate them four days a week. Do something fun like playing sports or hiking or dancing the other three days.

MFP can guide you with reaching macros and calorie goal.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Squat and kick 30 seconds then do a jumping lunge for next 30 seconds rest 1 minute and repeat. Or if that's too "sweaty" for u just do regular squats and regular lunges. Scissor kicks and planks are something u can try too. 15 mins isn't much time to work out but u can get a great workout done in that amount of time if u do it right. The whole 600 calories a day really worries me though. That's insane!!!
  • mare941
    mare941 Posts: 5 Member
    Yes I know how it sounds. My back is against a wall here, working full time, take care of home, pets, ill relative. I can't leave for a gym, or go for a walk. I'm eating veggies like they're going out of style, and v8s new line of juice, healthy greens, because it's something of an appetite suppressant YAY! drinking water by the quart. Yes I do protein, small amounts like a hard boiled egg. I'm also a former smoker, post menopausal, and it seems like my metabolism has hit a brick wall and stopped. Since I dont get the exercise to burn calories, cutting back on food is the last bastion. Hence the 600 calories. Some days its in the 800 range.